Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've just done some local club rallies which are

really fun! I've never come close to winning, but

who cares.

The rally is in North Carolina in case you're

interested

Guest Anonymous

I'm entering the Targa Newfoundland, a 1500-2000km tarmac performance and TSD rally of historic/classic/vintage cars in September. 500km-750km of it is TSD, the rest is "brisk speed transit". Cool article on 2002s in international rally competition in the June/03 "Motorsports" magazine.

Guest Anonymous

HI

I have a 74 Tii. ust got it recently. I would love to do

the Targa Newfoundland but do'nt think i can afford

it this year. How original or modified can you go. I

am interested in improving the performance but

basically keeping it looking like a period race/rally

car.

Regards

Geoff

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

I hope you all get together and take some cool pictures of vintage BMWs together. Good luck- I heard that is a lot of fun!

Guest Anonymous

Very first rally was a night time run around the SF penninsula. Actually ended up taking first place in the Novice class for the series.

I navigated, she drove. I would tell her to turn and she would say NO. She KNEW when my calculations were wrong! Then again, when I found a time error and told her to GO,GO,GO...She did,did,did...FAST!

Guest Anonymous

You can go pretty much as far as you want modifying the car. But the organizers reserve the right to refuse an entry which is not in keeping with the spirit of the event. So a 1980s-style "Miami Vice" slammed '02 might not be accepted. Bill Arnold and Tamara Hull of California are entering a '72 BMW Bavaria race car. It should fit in perfectly. They ran last year in a Z3 and did quite well.

My '73 tii will be equipped with vintage Halda rally gear (Mark V SpeedPilot and a TwinMaster), Cibie Super Oscar driving lights, Recaro seats, period Momo steering wheel, Revolution wheels. I'll post a photo or two once we have finished putting the car together.