• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bodywork/paint recommendation in San Antonio

LarryS

Go to a few hot rod & custom shows. Ask around. Many fly by night operations in SA, so be careful, ask for references, and review call back/warranty policies carefully. If they have any.

Now, if you want tacos al pastor, I can give you some help . . . .

hth

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

Chris,

Dude, Denton is 5 hours away!

HTH,

I spent most of my life in So. Cal. For good Mexican food I have to hop on a plane. But the car shows are a good idea.

Best mexican food I ever had was in Mexico . . . .

Pig Stand on Broadway used to draw some nice rods on the weekends. Austin might be an option - many more '02s & european metal up there. Terry Sayther still in business?

Had some front end collision repair work done on a tii by Vollmer at Olmos & San Pedro. Actually pretty good work overall, except for the fact that the radiator was dry when I picked up the car.

My sense, though, is that you can find reasonable priced, really good metal and paint work in San Antone. There are some spectacular cars there. Just gotta make the right contact.

hth = hope that helps

Nate

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

Larry,

You asked... Was in SA not long ago.

The 71 was the first 02 done by the shop. Now since they know there way around an old BMW they can do more! Already referred two other 02ers to the shop. They primarily do old trucks and hot rod stuff. Spanish speakers primarily but can communicate enough in english. I'm taking them the 72 Ceylon in 6 months. I have a 68 chevy truck they will be doing soon.

Hth= Hope That Helps ...great one

Nate,

Still want to see the f350 ..hehe

Chris Hutton

72 02tii Ceylon 2761758

71 02 Sunroof Riviera 2574316

68 1600 Bristol 1565358

88 535is sold

Les. I spoke with Rob the guy who worked on my car here in AUS. He's pretty good at panel replacements. I'll email you the contact information.

Best.

g.

Thanks Gilbert.

The Touring has been side-lined by my 633 purchase. Like I really needed another car!

Larry,

Bert H. should know of someone in SAT for body/paint. His Chamonix tii is spectacular.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Larry,

Bert H. should know of someone in SAT for body/paint. His Chamonix tii is spectacular.

Thanks Les. I did get a recommendation from Bert before posting here. Just figured I would get input from more than one shop.

72 Tii

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you want to drag it out to Houston, but I have a guy here who redid my entire car 1972 BMW that was completed rusted out (I bought the car from Naples, FL) The shop cut out new metal, and smaller spots of deep rust used fiberglass, took off all the moldings, weatherstrips, and repainted the entire car in Charmonix for $4k

1972 BMW 2002 Charmonix

Not sure if you want to drag it out to Houston, but I have a guy here who redid my entire car 1972 BMW that was completed rusted out (I bought the car from Naples, FL) The shop cut out new metal, and smaller spots of deep rust used fiberglass, took off all the moldings, weatherstrips, and repainted the entire car in Charmonix for $4k

Man! That sounds like a good price. How did it come out? Send me an email with a pic of your car. It might motivate to start saving for it. I kinda put it on the back burner for awhile.

72 Tii

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors