wheel studs for the e21 hub and vented rotor set-up

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

the faq posting (which is excellent btw) doesnt really mention this- i guess it is just assumed that studs will be in your hubs when you buy them or something..... anyway, with this setup, the rotor is held on by the wheel- it just sits on the studs.

if you need to make up custom studs, which will depend on exactly which hub/rotor combo you are using, and your wheel, M12x1.5mm pitch x 50mm socket head cap screws are the go.. you will have to get a machine shop to continue the thread all the way to the head and you will also have to countersink the back of the hub a tiny bit to get them to sit flush. Locktite is also a good idea here....

on a different subject, if anyone could get there hands on about 4 of those 10x1.0 castellated nuts from steering linkage and put them in an envelope for me i would be much appreciative... for some reason they are proving ridiculously difficult to get in perth, western australia short of buying 100.......

thanks in advance

ozgeorge

Guest Anonymous

grade 8 or better, also if the machine shop threads all the way to the head have them slightly curve the surface as it meets the head so as not to leave a sharp 90 degree inside corner which will set up stress risers which may make your wheels fall off at an inopertune time (like there's a good time)

For the nutz, http://www.mcmaster.com/

They will usually have EVERYTHING in any amount...

Good Luck OZ