SOT:Hey honey, we really need a Mig welder in the house, loo

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

all the neat things that I can make for your patio... Here is one way to justify one, but you may get more than what you bargain for - this and other welding projects has kept me away from 02's for several weekends!. I change my mind: DO NOT tell your wife the powers of a MIG welder!

Michael

72 tii

Guest Anonymous

I bought a Lincoln 170 plus with mig when I was into DIY custom. This summer I am building an iron fence around our property to replace the wooden plank fence that has fallen down. My wife's brother works at a steel mfg plant to boot, between materials and labor ( building a jig to make 8 ft sections at a time ) it won't costs squat.

My wife balked at the high cost of the rig 7 years ago, now she is smiling smugly when she realizes that a 5ft iron fence would cost TEN TIMES that.

Guest Anonymous

I am interested in this as I cannot afford the 200 volt service here in Japan. I am coming back to the states and I will probably bring a welder with me to Japan.

Guest Anonymous

have been quite satisfied with it. Welded some steel "trees" to old cast iron brake rotors (to use as a base) for my wife and it did great--much easier than with a torch. Bought it at Quality Farm & Fleet (now Tractor Supply) for about $400. It's a 95/105 amp unit (depends on whether you're using it on a 15 or 20 amp circuit). For sheet metal you won't be using much amperage.

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

....My Century 110 won't weld anymore and it's just four years old. I have a friend with a Lincoln who loves his. He said he had another friend who had a Century just like mine and it died too. Lincolns are widely available and proven.