where should I mount my harness strap...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

...that goes to the back? I don't want a harness bar that would inhibit passenger ingress/egress. I also don't want to mount low like the back seatbelt bosses. So far it looks like the bosses on the rear deck over the shock towers. BTW-it's a 72 w/no bosses for rear shoulder belts by the rear window latches.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i told him i wanted to remount my schroth rear hold points up at shoulder level ( based on some previous threads we had here). anyway, he said NOT NECESSARY_ the rear seat belt hard points that Schroth says to bolt to are fine because the Recaro seat back would have to crush down before the belts would crush down on my shoulder/neck. The Recaro seats are steel- it is unlikely they will deform to the degree that the harness will injure me.I am going to keep the Schroth rear attachments to the rear seat belt hard points in both my 02s. Go ahead and mount your harnesses

where Schroth says to mount them( they do research about this stuff-in fact their info says they wont protect as designed if one mounts them in any different way than recommended ). I have a roll bar in my Inka but I dont have a harness span. That would make the back seat entirely unuseable . I can still get people in the back seat with the bar now. Maybe I will get a harness span in the future, but I would need the wrap around rear ends too- more $$$. That will wait for another day/year. Good luck whatever you decide. ///

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://users.adelphia.net/~pchamaa/june_22_2003.htm

on the rear deck, one for each side.

Look in the trunk and on the far edges of the rear parcel shelf, you will find an unused threaded hole. It's designed to accept an eye-bolt. A Y-belt attaches to it and straps you down. You do NOT want to use the rear seat belt anchors. The angle is too low.