Inka’d02

Correct tire size for Rota RB ET 25

16 posts / 2984 viewsLast Reply

Anyone know the best tire size for a car no flares and slightly stiffer springs?

Thanks,

Andrew

Your choice...

195/50r15 for conservative fitment and the most popular choice. Slightly short on the rolling diameter compared to stock; meaning the speedo will be slightly off.

195/55r15 for correct tire rolling diameter.

205/50r15 if you have or are planning on rolling the fender lips some and don't mind a little rubbing here and there. This is the size I like/recommend and use on my own cars.

215/50r15 if you like being at the edge of the envelope... ;)

Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revolutions Speedometer Odometer Difference

165/80-13 5.2" 11.7" 23.4" 73.5" 862/mi 60MPH 10000mi N/A

195/50-15 3.8" 11.3" 22.7" 71.2" 889/mi 62MPH 10316mi -3.1%

195/55-15 4.2" 11.7" 23.4" 73.7" 860/mi 60MPH 9978mi 0.2%

205/50-15 4.0" 11.5" 23.1" 72.5" 874/mi 61MPH 10140mi -1.4%

215/50-15 4.2" 11.7" 23.5" 73.7" 860/mi 60MPH 9970mi 0.3%

I have 195 50 15 Yokohama S.Drives on mine.

Eibach springs and Billy sport shocks. No spring pads.

Fitment is close, but zero rubbing.

I ran 205/50/15's on my car and liked them the best. I son runs 195/50/15s on his car. Will have to roll the fender lips a bit with the 205s but that is very simple to do

195/50/R15 on mine. I'm 6'4" and 230# and, I'm guessing, because of that my driver side rear rubbed on right hand turns pretty bad when I first put them on. Rolled the rear fender minimally and the rub is gone unless I turn really hard. They look mean and are pretty wide tires for this car. I get a lot of compliments on them. One thing you should consider, is the wider the tire, the more road you feel, and the more you feel suspension items that need replacing, especially if you have a smaller diameter steering wheel. For me, going to these tires identified a front wheel bearing shimmy that I did not notice before. Changed out the wheel bearings and am good to go now. I put S Drives on mine and love them. Good Luck! Oh by the way I'm pretty sure my springs are stock - I didn't put them on, so its a guess.

the speed differences tom lists are from stock tires. what you are running now and how accurate your speedo is today is what you need to compare it to. any one of the "off" sizes may actually make your speedo MORE accurate. (nice chart!)

the 195/50's will fit with zero issues and will make your car a little quicker acceleration wise. shorter tires are a poor man's diff ratio change.

the 205/50's are less than 1/2in wider and will make no noticable difference in handling capability unless you are measuring with a really accurate stopwatch on a race track. since the 195/50's have a shorter sidewall, they will "feel" better.

if you are just going for a "look" the 205's are arguably better, but watch the clearance on the top of the rear arches and the front arches when you turn the wheel and hit a bump.

the "fit" also depends on the tire manufacturer and model. all 195/50's are not the same. s.drives run wide.

Here's mine with ET25 and Falken Ziex 195/50/15 tires. I think they look great

DSC00567.jpg

all 195/50's are not the same. s.drives run wide.

Any specific options for 195/50s that are narrower than the s.drives?

all 195/50's are not the same. s.drives run wide.

Any specific options for 195/50s that are narrower than the s.drives?

'74tii: Got a set of worn Kumho 205/50 R15 mounted on new-era Mini Cooper wheels, like the look but that profile tire tends to cause the car to "walk/drift" with road imperfections so myself, I'm thinking of returning to a more common profile along with installing new Rota wheels. Moreover, the car has the lowered Eibach springs and will "porpoise" over bumps. I'm now an ol' guy and think I'm now looking for a smoother, more stock ride despite the cool look of the lowered car and low profile tires/wheels.

Sure appreciate your recommendations and speedo calibration variations! Thank you!

That is a lovely ride and white's my favorite color! Looks like stock height. . .Correct?

And here's our ride- '74tii, Sienna Brown, tan interior with Recaro seats. Pixel quality's a little rough. . .[/img]

post-18178-13667661899208_thumb.jpg

That is a lovely ride and white's my favorite color! Looks like stock height. . .Correct?

And here's our ride- '74tii, Sienna Brown, tan interior with Recaro seats. Pixel quality's a little rough. . .[/img]

thanks! And yes it is stock ride height. I would be interested in your eibachs if you ended up going back to stock ride height though.

Some bbk and wheel/tire combos may require a spacer to let the wheel clear the caliper. That could make 205's not work with stock fenders.

GL,

Ray

I've got wheel spacers on my tii listed above with the new era Mini Cooper wheels. Also, with the lowered springs, it does throw off the rear camber quite a bit, of which I'm sure all of you are aware. I already have a set of stock height springs so will contact you when the shorter Eibachs are available. I'm sure we can work something out. . .