Visited Korman AutoWorks Yesterday (long)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I had the chance to stop by Korman Autoworks in Greensboro, NC yesterday (I was in town on business).What a great bunch of guys! Bob showed me around the shop, and I got to see a really nice White Touring that they had restored, a real 2002 Turbo in for an engine rebuild, a nice Silver 2002 (forgot the year), and one of the original M1 Art Cars. They have a very nice garage, and have their act together. I was able to speak to Ray Korman for a bit, and he showed me several pics of a 2002 restoration they had just finished.He also showed me some pics of his early racing days at Daytona, when the 2002s were pitted against the AMC 6 cylinder Gremlins(!!). He commented that he was just speaking with BMW NA, and they are surprised at how many 2002s he "still" works on. Ray is a really great guy to speak with, and it was very cool of him to spend some time with me.

I did buy a pair of Sway Bars for my 1974 2002, and a cool 2002 T shirt, so I didn't leave empty handed. Anyway, it was a very cool 2002 experience, and I reccomend that if you're in the area, give them a call and stop and see their shop!

Jerry Seay

1974 2002 Verona

Guest Anonymous

They are great bunch to talk to but beware their pricing escalations when having your car worked on, they will charge you twice for the same item and double bill the hours. what was quoted as $10,700 rose to over $17,000

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

day. The owner of that Turbo is on vacation out West and he called me when he was in SFO yesterday.We could not get together, so we burned cell minutes talking about our 02s. He told me all about Ray picking up hs Turbo from the Meet in May after Ray delivered another person's car. The owner told me what is planned for the car. It is going to be one fast /fresh real-deal Turbo! Really nice guy- and he had highest praise for Ray and his shop. Hopefully , in the future, we will trade rides when we are visiting opposite coasts. He wants to try the A4( he will get to do that in December), and I want to try the Turbo. I cant wait to visit Korman's shop someday- better: I would like to deliver an 02 there and tell them to "go to town!"///

Guest Anonymous

If I had knows I would have shown you a shop with Andys 1600 convertable. Also what is being done to it. then there is My personaly fenced in area and another good shop in winston-salem.....

Sam

Now parting 2002s, e12, e21, e28, e30