Conserv

Alpina and Borrani (CMR) 13” Steel Rims

185 posts / 38431 viewsLast Reply

On 11/13/2015 at 4:52 PM, codigoRojo said:

I didn't read carefully enough. He said 6x14 and I thought 6x13. If they're 14 inchers then they're probably NK wheels and very likely 6 inches wide. Those would be good to have on an 02.

We’ve listed the 6x14 Alpina steelies manufactured by Lemmerz in the NK Wheels Database, because they were originally designed and manufactured for the NK sedans. But, yes, these would be good to have on an ‘02 and perhaps we should also list them in the ‘02 Wheels Database.

6x14, ET 17.5

They were built to hold up to racing, but, yes, they are also quite heavy!

Regards,

Steve

I will add another data point or two to this discussion. My Alpina '02, built in the Alpina shop in July, 1970, has the 5 1/2 x 13 wheels, stamped 13X5 1/2 and R1-440. No date code or manufacturer stamp. Also pictured below are snips from an Alpina catalog that came with the docs I got with the car. 

Alpina wheel 03a.jpg

Alpina_wheel_catalog01.JPG

Alpina_wheel_catalog.JPG

Edited by skyking96w
deleted duplicate info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, skyking96w said:

I will add another data point or two to this discussion. My Alpina '02, built in the Alpina shop in July, 1970, has the 5 1/2 x 13 wheels, stamped 13X5 1/2 and R1-440. No date code or manufacturer stamp. Also pictured below are snips from an Alpina catalog that came with the docs I got with the car. 

Alpina wheel 03a.jpg

Alpina_wheel_catalog01.JPG

Alpina_wheel_catalog.JPG

Much appreciated, skyking!

Next time you change a tire or tires, check the barrels for dates, model numbers, and anything else that might be stamped there. If you find anything, please photograph and share with us.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

Absolutely. I was planning to do that, 'cause I'm curious, too. Might be awhile, though.

• Thanks 1

On 11/24/2016 at 8:34 AM, saaron said:

... I don't think John posted them on this thread; it appears that John buys these things monthly, like I buy cereal....

I was looking for a particular post buried in the (too) many pages of this CMR thread and found lots of good humor herein, this being just one of many instances.... 😉

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1