Sign in to follow this  
dtharp113

Any interest in another summer meet-up?

14 posts / 2698 viewsLast Reply

Any interest in another NoVa/ metro DC area get together? The last was 2 years ago (?) at Ian's place and I'm sure we all have some reason or another to link up again (full disclosure: we're looking to move and I've got a metric ton o' parts to get rid of and don't feel like posting and shipping).

I'm happy to host (and grill) but my location sucks for parking (townhouse complex). Perhaps there's a good weekend in July for the majority?

I know a place that has plenty of parking (on grass and a long driveway), but you might be put to work and drive a little over 1 hour to get there.

Maybe we can do something in the upcoming months. I wonder if there will be a Chapterfest this fall.

Dennis, I have an alternate suggestion. What about an autocross in the Richmond area? As past president of Virginia Motor Sport Club I could probably get us special entry into an event.

Any interest? Is this something Jim and Marshall might like to enter? About 10 to 12 cars would do it, more welcome. I suggest a fall event when the weather is not so bloody hot.

UPDATE: I checked with the Club and they think it is a good idea. I'm suggesting we get our own heat. Possible dates are Oct 14 and Nov 11.

http://www.vmsc.org/

Michael

73 tii project.

Dennis, I have an alternate suggestion. What about an autocross in the Richmond area? As past president of Virginia Motor Sport Club I could probably get us special entry into an event.

Any interest? Is this something Jim and Marshall might like to enter? About 10 to 12 cars would do it, more welcome. I suggest a fall event when the weather is not so bloody hot.

UPDATE: I checked with the Club and they think it is a good idea. I'm suggesting we get our own heat.

Michael

73 tii project.

Sounds like a good plan Michael. We can also check out the progress on your tii! Did you install that dash yet?

Jim

Hey Dennis,

How about adding the Valley peeps to the get-together? I might be able to convince a couple of '02'ers. Besides, I need to get the survivor '68 1600 on the road for a spin.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

Michael:

Agree w/ Jim - sounds like fun. Are there particular dates that we'd need to consider?

Hey Dennis,

How about adding the Valley peeps to the get-together? I might be able to convince a couple of '02'ers. Besides, I need to get the survivor '68 1600 on the road for a spin.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

Randy: Absolutely - the more the merrier! I'm guessing the best thing to do is keep an eye on this thread for developments.

UPDATE: I checked with the Club and they think it is a good idea. I'm suggesting we get our own heat.

Michael

73 tii project.

Sounds like a good plan Michael. We can also check out the progress on your tii! Did you install that dash yet?

Jim

Haven't done a thing since I saw you. Had elbow surgery on 5/9 and PT ever since, trying to get some motion back. I can still drive however.

MFB

I could host a bbq and get together at my place. I have driveway parking for about 40 cars, enough lawn for a 36-wicket croquet tourney, and a grill that will cook for the masses. My 2002, however, won't be ready for action until mid-late July. Located in Clinton, MD, about 5 o'clock on the beltway, just south of Andrews AFB.

Grice

CB,

How are you, my brother? You'll need to guide me in if we meet up North:)

I'll be driving the "survivor" 1600.

Blessings,

Randy

I vote for Grice's since it's 15 minutes from me! hehehehe...

I'll second that for location.

July or August?

Has this event happened, or is it penciled in for some date? I've been in and out of town all summer but would be interested in attending.

Kevin

Has this event happened, or is it penciled in for some date? I've been in and out of town all summer but would be interested in attending.

Kevin

The DC 2002 BBQ and Swap Meet is scheduled for Saturday, September 8th, in Clinton, Maryland. If you'll send me an email via the link above, I'll send you the invitation with details.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.