Possible to add LS to non-LS diff? How, link, etc? Thanks(nt

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

get everything torqued/shimmed back together properly. Not exactly a DIY project, AFAIK. Most of the usual suspects (Korman, Ireland, etc) should be able to do this for you, but prepare to spend more than you would just buying a good used LSDiff.

Bret.

Guest Anonymous

You also need the LSD housing output bearing caps as they are different then the non LSD housing caps.

Other then that yes you can swap the center LSD housing, you need to ensure the ring and pinion stay as a matched set.

Guest Anonymous

I saw the transmission guy do the Quaife conversion, and it didn't look that complicated, if you know a little about gears etc you should be able to do it. On the 2002 is best to start with a worn out LSD and install the Quaife unit. There are three problems with the Quaife:

1) Initial investment, high ($1000 plus install)

2) You need a lot of HP to really take advantage of it

3) You don't "feel" anything happening until it is really pushed (seldom), but believe me, its always working for you.

I have a 3.90 lsd on Bacchus 2 that I picked up at pick and pull for $75, and you can't beat that thrill/expense ratio.

Michael

4x72

Guest Anonymous

for us that drive fast but are not insane, that will never be a factor, the Quaife is used in racing and I am sure they would avoid uneven tracks, it is a marvelous piece of engineering.