Source for new sun visors (both sides)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm looking for a few interior trim bits to replace the final original looking parts in my recently purchased '74 tii that went through restoration in 2001. The most important part remaining being both left and right sun visors. I'm not finding any sellers for both sides such as Bimmer Parts Co. or La Jolla. Any help is appreciated.

Also, it appears to me from what I've seen of used visors on EBay (I haven't taken mine off), that the plastic surround on the outer side of visor (where the bracket attaches to the roof--not the cheap little plastic "clip" that everyone sells) is an integral part of the visor itself. If it is something that can be replaced separately I would settle for this (assuming there is a source for these) and save the cash as it's the really ratty looking part of my visors. But, the rest of the visors are also original and more dingy than the new headliner so replacing the whole thing would be my preference.

Are original 2002 visors NLA and I should be looking at buying them for an E21 3-series through a BMW dealer? I certainly would live with what I've got rather than put new holes in the headliner if E21 visors are not just bolt-in replacements.

Thanks,

Gary

Guest Anonymous

longer. The E21 visors should clear your mirror but I'm not sure about the 5s. You might also look at 2500/2800/Bavaria visors. They look similar but I've never tried to fit 'em.

Cheers

Mike