Subframe mods

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

DSC01363.JPG

I wish I could weld like that. My subframe turned out OK, but it could have been a little bit better.

One of my towloops was missing, and the other was cracked. You might consider beefing them up while it's all out. I replaced both with some pretty large diameter steel.

Good job, keep us updated.

Guest Anonymous

I forgot to give credit for all the fab work to a buddy of mine, I only wish I could weld that good! He builds Mustang drag cars for a living but, I try not to hold that against him... ;-) Anyway, I am trying to talk him into making a run of these that are cut, bent and ready to weld in along with a few other things like subframe "caps" and some shock tower repair/reinforcement plates... I'll keep everyone interested posted on my progress...

Guest Anonymous

whitehot.jpg

It made a cool picture with an infrared camera, too.

It's WAY too thick to cold bend; it's a whole lot thicker than the stock towloops. I didn't anneal it but I really can't imagine it breaking... my welds to the subframe are probably the weakest link, if anything.