• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

calling all 2002 DRIVERS

M3M3

SCCA driving school coming up....

-----------------------------------------

Resister now for an event like no other.... The DC Region SCCA PDX and Club Trials on the Shenandoah Circuit Saturday, June 23, 2012 puts you, in your car, onto one of the most exciting drivers circuits on the East Coast. With the SCCA's excellent in-car instruction, and the top notch facility at Summit Point Motorsports Park, what's not to like! Are you signed off to solo already with the DC Region PDX??? - Try the Club Trials format! Call OG Racing today and pick up a Transponder (rental or purchase) and compete in the Club Trial.

This is your chance to drive your car at the limit and triple digit speeds all without getting a speeding ticket. Sign up today and bring a friend, volunteers who work at 3 DC Region PDX events get a Free Entry to a DC Region PDX!

Fore more information and to register, see our webpage here:

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/TrackDaysTrials/tabid/1609/Default.aspx

See a video of the Shenandoah Circuit here:

2xM3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ok...all you guys missed out on the june event...it was fun! well, it was until my migraine headache set in after lunch. :-(

i am sure you have already watched this......

next opportunites to drive your bmw like it was supposed to be driven.....

NJ chapter BMWCCA event last weekend of July 28-29 on the MAIN TRACK!

http://www.njbmwcca.org/services/schedule/view.php?event_id=323

SCCA event on the Shenny track 04 Aug

http://www.wdcr-scca.org/TrackDaysTrials/tabid/1609/Default.aspx

2xM3

• 1 month later...

i am going to keep trying to get some of you out...

15-16 sept double school weekend!

NJ BMWCCA event on the shenny track

SCCA event on the main track

last good chance this season!!!

(i will be instructing on the main track with SCCA.)

2xM3

• 4 weeks later...

well, if anyone ever gets to the track someday...

friend of mine and I did a demo video of the racing line on the summit point main track. bmw's of course. he is in the 88M3 lead car, i am in the chase car with the camera.

done at a "sedate" pace....

2xM3

• 2 weeks later...

ok, if no track takers...how about the last auto-x of the season?

--------------------------------

Hello Everyone!

This is just a friendly reminder that the sixth and final autocross of the 2012 NCC Autocross Season will take place on Saturday, October 13th at Regency Funiture Stadium in Waldorf, MD.

Spots are going quick so don't miss out!!

You can register at the link below:

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/41444694-D890-23A0-B3FE49FFCFA2DD6B#.UG4em5g0XTo

The event is at:

Regency Furniture Stadium

11765 St. Linus Dr

Waldorf, MD 20602

Registration will close October 12th at noon.

BMWCCA is now requiring all NCC Autocross participants (for both events and schools) to be registered BMWCCA members.

We realize that not all of our past event attendees are members. To help offset the cost of membership new BMWCCA memberships are entitled to one free NCC Autocross points event! This is the final event for this special offer!!

http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?7578-Become-A-Member-Autocross-For-Free!

Thanks for a great season!! See you soon!

NCC Autocross

----------------

2xM3

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors