For those with dual bulbs in the blinkers...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Do your driving lights turn off when the blinkers flash. I am adding a second bulb to my flat lenses and I noticed that even when the lamp is not in contact with the shell (ie grounded thru the screw) the driving light comes on. The only other connection is the lead to the blinker bulb so i figure that the relay switches that lead between ground and +. So If I do not ground the driving light to the body it cuts off when the blinker comes on. Seems to make the blinker more noticable. What is the stock configuration?

Guest Anonymous

there may be ground or relative lower potential in the parking light circuit when the lights are not on. Not quite sure what you are asking about the factory configuration, in which there are two separate circuits, one for the turn signal flasher and one for the running light.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

Guest Anonymous

What I am asking is if the running lights cut off momentarily when the blinker flashes or if the running lights stay on continuously. There are 2 possibilities depending on how I ground the running light bulb. How is the stock parking light bulb grounded Directly to the body or through the lead to the blinker bulb? I know it doesn;t make much sense but when the blinker is off the + lead becomes a ground. For example if I remove the assembly from the car ie no ground the running light still works. The only other possible ground is through the lead to the blinker because that is the only other connection.