• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What can we do to get 2002 owners together?

Gbare02tii

Why can't we all get together?

Are you tired of meets?

Are you tired of drives?

What are we doing wrong?

Do we smell?

Do you not like driving your 2002?

I have been organizing meets and drives for 2002 folks for over two years and have seen us go from 25-30 to 6 or 7 cars. What can we do different? How do we get central Florida 2002 owners to come out and enjoy their 2002's and other owners? I have a Facebook page "Vintage BMW's Of Central Florida"

We plan drives and meets in Central, Florida for all Vintage BMW's, we share our projects and 2002 adventures.

Please join if you are interested.

What ideas do you have to get more people out?Thanks for your input.

One drive we did...

20110409fuji0010.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

20110409fuji0011.jpg

20110409fuji0025.jpg

19666721012349233582710.jpg

cimg3905l.jpg

cimg3909.jpg

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

• 5 weeks later...

Well for what its worth here's my 2 cents worth, My problem and i'm sure many others, is that we don't get on the forum everyday. I get on here when I need a part, or when I have something to sell, but even then, I have a network of folks that I know have stuff or that I have dealt with before and don't always use the forum. In short there needs to be a proactive way to let people know whats going on locally and how to get involved. North Carolina has a very active 02 group, maybe we should start one and develop a data base of 02 owners / members. As with everything someone has to organize the effort and someone would have to manage it. I would help but don't know how much time I could devote to it.

I do have a facebook page for "Vintage BMW's Of Central Florida" listed in the thread. I post meets and drives on that page. I also send out text messages to "02 People" that I have numbers for. I will be setting up a meet for October at the Yalaha Bakery. It will be for all Euro cars. Details to come.

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

My .02 cents.

As stated in a previous post in a thread (with the same title) most of have multiple obligations. Additionally, I have come to believe that while we are 02 enthusiast we may not nessecarily be 02 "GROUP" enthusiasts.

There are plenty of oppurtunites and occassions but still a weak showing. To me that speaks volumes. The interest is just not strong enough.

I can offer my thoughts and suggestions. They are as follows;

1) I think the night meet has played itself out. Mix it up with more day meets. I personally want to see the car.

2) Post the event with specifics in the title. And again this is me personally, post a single thread. I get lost with who, what, where and when going back and forth from muliple threads of the same title.

3) Make the thread singular and specific rather than tagging onto another subject thread. Too much information in too many places.

4) When annoucing a meet, place it in as many different "venues" as possible. ie, email. face, forum ,text, etc.

5) Most importantly! This pertains to those reading the thread and not taking the time to reply. Take the time to REPLY guys. It would go a long way to just know what you think about a gathering. Not asking you to commit but at least be counted.

6) Once a meet has been completed it would be nice to post follow up. Whether it be text or pics. Something to show the invovlement might encourage others to join in.

Thanks for reading

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors