where can you get plastic wiring holders?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

the kind that pop into the holes around the engine well walls? they secure the wiring harness to the well wall. I'm doing some work and want to replace the missing/broken/old ones that i have.

thanks folks.

tim

72tii

Guest Anonymous

For my 72, the metal ones are available from bmw (did later cars use plastic?)

Modern plastic ones are available from Waytek.

Guest Anonymous

I have removed everything from my shell. I don't recall any plastic ones, but several metal 'clips' mostly along the drivers side of the engine bay.

Guest Anonymous

yes. I have metal clips that hold the larger portions of the wiring harness but when you get around the radiator and along the top of the firewall i have small plastic holders that wrap around the wiring and pop into holes spread about 8inches apart around the upper part of the engine well.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

I just replaced a couple in my Inka... the longer black ones. The white-ish ones are shorter. I am told they are still available from BMW parts dept. at dealer. I received mine from my Bavaria-nut buddy. They are so nice to pop in when they are new! BUT, I tried to use the smaller size for the standard wire harness wrapped bundle and it is too short- must use the long ones. Give your nearest BMW dealer a call and ask the parts guy to find the part in his inventory. Otherwise, maybe Max or Carl. They are a hard to find item , for sure.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

especially on either side of the radiator. The metal tabs also hold various wires, etc. It is always hard to tell exactly what holds what after 30 years of people fiddling around. But, you are on the right track- you want the long black plastic push-in hole attachers that become a loop when you insert the freeend back into the holder's opening on its back-side.

Guest Anonymous

From the parts CD

Metal clips

Small 4.5mm 61 13 1 353 865

Large 12mm 61 13 1 355 345

Plastic straps

41mm 61 13 1 353 662

53mm 61 13 1 353 663

??mm 61 13 1 353 664

No claims made as to this being the CORRECT part. The parts CD has been know to be "not right" on ocassion.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i just ordered a fresh 2.2L ( that is a very tired 2.2L under the A4) from Metric Mechanic. The build has begun. It should be delivered in about 4 weeks, maybe sooner. Then we get to swap and dyno the new rig to dial-in the A4 with a newly developed 292 that MM is using and with the 318 head MM is using for this engine. Side-by-side comparison testing of the new 292 with the Schrick 292 ( which is in the pictured motor) makes the Schrick seem like a stock cam- i will post the tech sheet when i receive it. Going to recore the Turbo radiator and resort the eng. bay wiring, add a non-tii alternator on a MM tii alt. bracket( extra bucks, better design), and off we go to scare yuppies at the Safeway and scare M3s at track days. ///