• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seattle Mechanic

Guest Slatts

Guest Slatts

Looking for a recommendations on shops in Seattle that work on 2002's. The guy I purchased my 76 from told me CarTender was the place to go: can anyone confirm or recommend others?

Thanks,

Slatts

Slatts, the place to take your 2002 is Midnight Motorsport. He knows the 2002 inside and out. He is detail-oriented, honest and fair. www.midnightmotorsport.com

He does all my major work. I would trust no one else in this area. I have no personal knowledge of Car Tenders, but from what I hear, they are quite pricey.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Patrick at Midnight, known him ever since I got my 02. Fair guy, great work, and again amazing work! Just immaculate stuff comes out of his shop!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Has anyone recommended Pat at Midnight Motorsport yet? Seriously that's the only place to take your car in the Seattle area. I bring my cars up from Portland if that tells you anything.

69 2002

1983 320is black

1983 320is white

1976 2002 green

01 325xit

Small white Toyota pickup

Ural 650 with sidecar

Past cars:

320is x5

320i x 3

2002 round x 3

2002 square x 6

Square Tii

Round Tii

318i

Honda metro

Has anyone recommended Pat at Midnight Motorsport yet? Seriously that's the only place to take your car in the Seattle area. I bring my cars up from Portland if that tells you anything.

69 2002

1983 320is black

1983 320is white

1976 2002 green

01 325xit

Small white Toyota pickup

Ural 650 with sidecar

Past cars:

320is x5

320i x 3

2002 round x 3

2002 square x 6

Square Tii

Round Tii

318i

Honda metro

Slatts,

Go to Patrick @midnight motorsports if you want

your car done ONCE and RIGHT.

I have not had dealings w/Car Tender, so cannot speak

to that issue.

However, after after having 3 different shops in Refuse

to even touch my car because (1. It was not stock.

2. "we don't have a book for it" even though they had

another customers 02 sitting out front 3. We don't do '02's)

Yet another shop professed to fix it, charged me, and when

the same prob happened immediately after getting back wanted

to charge me more to "fix" it again.

My car was prettty much a barely running mishmash of a

project when I got it. Rats nest of wiring, and an afterthought of

a radiator that was off a Riding Mower or something similar in size.

Since going there I have gotten excellent work, at very fair prices. I could blog on and on...

Go check out his shop, give the man a call, see for yourself.

Best of luck,

Rick G

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Does anyone know if Patrick is still in business? It seems the contact info listed is no longer current. If so, does anyone have his current contact info?

if not, what other shops do you all recommend?

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

Does anyone know if Patrick is still in business? It seems the contact info listed is no longer current. If so, does anyone have his current contact info?

if not, what other shops do you all recommend?

4009 16th Ave SW

Seattle, WA 98106

midnightmotorsport@yahoo.com

503 381 7287

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors