Sign in to follow this  
Mark92131

Rare 1967 BMW 1600 6 Volt on eBay

15 posts / 4952 viewsLast Reply

Seems like a worthwhile project based on the pictures and the description:

I am selling my 1967 bmw 1600 coupe I got as a project. I found out I have a baby coming this past monday and now I have to sell this. the car does run and will drive. but the brakes do not work. it needs the metal brake line which goes from the front to the rear of the vehicle. I do have steel braided brake lines that I have not installed yet. this car would make a great project for any one. I already installed new plugs, new plug wires, a new ignition point. new battery, the car still runs off of the 6 volt system, and it actually runs and idles well. the car will go into all 4 gears and will move on its own power. there are a few very small spots of surface rust by the passenger rear tail light, a small spot on the rear quarter panel on the passenger side, and a small spot on the front right corner of the hood. the rear axel boots need to be replaced as well. but all in all its actually a really good car for as old as it is. and i have a clean title in hand.

I'm trying not to be angry at this car NOT being saved by the original finder. There are more important things to sweat, but this is really a GEM. It deserves to be appreciated. An old schooler that KNOWS what they're doing should snatch this car up and get it out of the seller's hands ASAP!

I'd take that car in a HEARTBEAT before I'd invest in a newer car that eats vent valves, window regulator cables, has peeling door panels, a glovebox formed from old chewing gum and cereal boxes, and breaks rear springs.

I guess you're figuring out...I'm not an E36 fan. Let the guy suffer with his and take this beauty from him.

I'd take that car in a HEARTBEAT before I'd invest in a newer car that eats vent valves, window regulator cables, has peeling door panels, a glovebox formed from old chewing gum and cereal boxes, and breaks rear springs.

I guess you're figuring out...I'm not an E36 fan. Let the guy suffer with his and take this beauty from him.

Sounds like my e46!

I fixed those professionally for a few years (E28, E24, E32, E38, E36, E38, E39)...I only saw how they broke and failed every day at the shop. I never spent enough time behind the wheel or actually owning one day-to-day to revel in their driving splendor, so admittedly my view is skewed.

E36s and E46s with Broken SPRINGS arrived every month. What kind of car breaks rear springs after only 60-80k miles? Sad.

Paul, are you lumping E24 and E28 quality in with E36's?

Cheers,

Ray

I fixed those professionally for a few years (E28, E24, E32, E38, E36, E38, E39)...I only saw how they broke and failed every day at the shop. I never spent enough time behind the wheel or actually owning one day-to-day to revel in their driving splendor, so admittedly my view is skewed.

E36s and E46s with Broken SPRINGS arrived every month. What kind of car breaks rear springs after only 60-80k miles? Sad.

Sold for $3850. Far short of the $6-7K he was first trying to get so he could make a down payment on an e46 M3.

But not a bad profit for a flipper who paid $500 for the car. To bad such a liar ended up with the car. I hope the ebay buyer appreciates the 1600 and brings it back to its original glory.

Good riddance to eynigma412 / 95mpower.

Yes, I hope we see the eBay buyer here asking questions, getting answers and having fun putting this car back on the road. It was sad to see so many confused people trying to figure out those fugly license plate lights. I stayed well clear of that thread. I hope the new owner is a little bit more mature.