Ignition wires, anyone use the ones from Ireland Engineering

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

it allowed me to cut to the length I wanted and have a whole second set of wires.... quite the value IMHO.

$35 for two sets of wires (one box)

Guest Anonymous

The long bakelite ignition lead ends attach to the spark plugs much more firmly with BERU, while the design of the connections which press fit into the distributor are of a substantially better design when compared to the Bosch product. I've suffered broken bakelite insulators likely due to overheating and movement that hasn't been a problem with the BERU leads. In addition, the wire and connection will not squirm about when you go to press fit the BERU product into place. Each BERU spark plug lead as it plugs into the top of the distributor has a characteristic plastic right angle fitting which doesn't really appear stock, but is nevertheless an effective and intelligent design feature. By contrast, to remove and replace Bosch wires multiple times is to invite movement of the core wiring and copper contacts which should be firmly grounded in the distributor and coil. If you've not toasted a Bosch ignition lead due to internal movement of this sort - wait, you will! Lastly, the BERU wires are a bit shorter than the current Bosch set = slightly tidier underhood appearance - especially obvious with relation to the coil wire. A local '02 friend of mine fit the same BERU set to his car - his impressions are the same as to the relative qualities of each product. Purchase the BERU set and you'll come away satisfied. Good luck.

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Red 8MM TEP wires definately make car go faster, add the RED MSD components, RED block paint,RED eng. fan, and RED Valve cover powder coatand OMG!= infinate visual HSP!!!///