• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 turbo project for sale

Turb02

***EDIT***

Make offer everyone, this stuff HAS to go.

**Edit on 1May12**

Prices dropped

**Edit on 7May12**

Make me offers on the remaining parts. This stuff needs to be gone before I deploy at the end of the month

With much regret, it’s time for me to abandon my current project car. It’s a 2 owner 1975 2002 106,XXX miles, title in hand. I’ve got all the original owners documentation, including the window sticker. My plan was to rebuild the car and turbo it. Currently the car is on jack stands with only the doors, trunk, glass, dash, and steering wheel/column attached.

It was a 10 foot car when I bought it and only put 1000 miles on it before I parked it for the teardown. No need to explain the project I ‘wanted’ it to be…

Parts list is as follows but may not be complete. I’m selling everything I have for the car.

Rebuilt head with +1 intake/exhaust valves( 3 angled), titanium retainers, oversized eccentrics, adjustable cam sprocket , rocker locks, dual springs, 292 regrind, 02again distributor plug and mech. fuel pump block off plate, race prepped rockers, intake gasket match port and polish, aggressive deshrouding of the combustion chamber. ZERO miles. I’ve got well over 2k in the head. SOLD

M3 265 5 speed and driveshaft (shortened for 320) $350

240 4 spd and driveshaft $100

2 M10 blocks (original and another 70s era M10 block) $75 ea

Original crank, rods and pistons (use pistons at own discretion) $100

Will sell block and internals together at discount

E30 Battery relocation cable SOLD

Rebuilt front sub frame with poly bushings kit from IE, new ball joints, tie rods, track rod, idler bushing, urethane steering coupler. Factory struts, ready to be cut for coil over’s. (Steering components "tie/track rods , and poly CABs" sold) OFFER

Steering box with very minimal play, has been drained because I was planning on rebuilding…since it was out and easily accessible. Most likely doesn’t need it. $200

Front and rear sway bar set front IE, powder coated red. SOLD

Rear sub frame is apart, and ready to be sanded/painted/powder coated. It will come with trailing arms, poly RSM inserts, and poly bushing set, half shafts, diff, and diff hanger. Ill also throw in the drum setup for free (not sure they’re usable) $275

Rear camber/toe kit SOLD

318 intake manifold, fuel rail, 325is throttle body/ with 02again adaptor. $175

rear “big bumper” make offer.

HX35W turbo from an 02 2500 Cummins ~92,000 miles, no shaft play. $350

SDS EFI engine management system. Previously tuned and purchased from a BF.C member the car it was on put down 240whp, I was shooting for 300whp. Will contain everything I received from him (mounting bracket for trigger/magnet system, pulley with magnets, etc…) Still in box from when I purchased it from him. Bought from him @ $825 will let go for $500

Euro turns that need some work on the chrome. SOLD

Head/tail lights Make offer or they’ll be included in the purchase of the body.

Tail lights are SOLD

Grill left and right side (no kidneys) $35

The shell will include all (un-cracked) glass and all interior pieces I have. The seats were redone in 98 by PO and are in really good condition tan vinyl. The dash is un-cracked, and the center console that houses the factory radio (which still worked when I removed it) is in good shape. There are a few cancer spots. The passenger floor board needs fixed/replaced as there is rot (minimal) and the rear passenger quarter panel underside support has rusted (non structural and hasn’t spread since I’ve had the car) There was some surface rust on the DS shock tower from where the aluminum spacer had disintegrated, which has been sanded. I’m not 100% sure but I don’t think there’s a single dent on the body. I will not separate the body parts unless they will all be accounted for and the buyer of the shell doesn’t want something. Buyer of shell gets first choice to take panels off for me to sell separately. The chassis will be on a dolly and I am asking $1400

If I have missed anything just ask. At the end of the sale, if there’s anything left that came off something, it’ll be added to the purchased item that it was removed from, free of charge, as long as no one has asked for the item specifically. (eg: Do you have the side reflectors? yes, 10 bucks. ) If no one would ask for them, they’d be added to the chassis once it sells…for free.

I’m positive I’ve missed some parts. Ask and Ill let you know condition and price.

Some of the items have a price next to them that I took a WAG on, as I’ve not seen a lot of them for sale to see what they go for. Don’t assume I’m trying to rob anyone, prices are OBO.

Pics upon request. Most of you know what these parts look like but I’m sure someone will need to see the rebuilt sub frame, rebuilt head, turbo, SDS system, etc… I understand that.

Please understand that this will be a first come, first serve/highest offer sale with actual shipping costs added to the price. I am not willing to ship every item as some of these are VERY large. If I get full price for the trans’ and DS, I will ship. If the offer is good enough for the front sub frame, Ill ship that too.

Catch: needs to be gone by 20ish May 2012.

Car is located 30 minutes south of St Louis. Local buyers for larger items highly preferred. If someone wants everything, and is willing to come get it, Itll be discounted substantially.

Thanks for looking. FYI This is posted on E30tech, bimmerforums and STLBMWCCA.org

Ill be updating this link with pics as requested by anyone who is interested in pics. These pics were taken during the teardown process and the car hasnt been moved since. www.photobucket.com/02turbo

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am interested in the euro turn signals... Can you please email me pictures? Thanks

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

to what email address? I can the pics taken fast on my iphone and send them that way (tonight) or wait until after Easter and take them with my DSLR, upload/ email them... Your call.

75 2002 "Project Turb02"

95 Hellrot M3 *Sold

95 332is *Sold

to what email address? I can the pics taken fast on my iphone and send them that way (tonight) or wait until after Easter and take them with my DSLR, upload/ email them... Your call.

You can press the email button next to my name. Or send to area15 At gmail. Thanks.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Put me in line for the Euro Turns. You can email through the link next to my name.

Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all

Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep

Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history

Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now