• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002 turbo

Soltan

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...Why would you destroy the originality of a 2002 turbo? Is it an original turbo or a tribute? Motor or turbo blown?

They're rare, if you want a 2002 with an e36 motor get a normal 2002 and do it. Just my 2 cents.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

I still don't understand what you are asking? Do you have a real 2002 turbo chassis without an engine you want to put a 6 cylinder engine into? Or do you want to put a 2002 turbo engine into a E36 M3 body? If it is a real Turbo it is worth more if you DON'T modify it, even without a correct engine. I believe the rough guess is that somewhere around half of the real turbos still exist, if you have one we would like to know the chassis number so we can try and account for as many as possible.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

It doesn't have anything on it.its just the body I want to take it to a mechanic shop to do all those things for me.by the way what color should I do it?

This guy is funny! Thank you for my comic relief for today! I would say, Purple, in the shop, with a candle stick!

If you want answers you need to give info.

BTW, can I put a bike engine in a Dakota DC3?

Regards

Jacques

'71 2002 Malaga, fun weekender

'70 2002ti Colorado, Restoration/money pit

'74 2002 turbo in my dreams, sideways...

I still don't understand what you are asking? Do you have a real 2002 turbo chassis without an engine you want to put a 6 cylinder engine into? Or do you want to put a 2002 turbo engine into a E36 M3 body? If it is a real Turbo it is worth more if you DON'T modify it, even without a correct engine. I believe the rough guess is that somewhere around half of the real turbos still exist, if you have one we would like to know the chassis number so we can try and account for as many as possible.

Exactly. It's not specific at ALL. From what you said about the body, you have a 2002 turbo's body? Get a 2002 turbo motor! It'll make the car worth a lot more...Modifying a 2002 Turbo is about one of the meanest things you could do IMHO. Get a unloved 74 Auto or something and drop an e36 motor in it. Then you'll have a nice car and not have to feel terrible about destroying a legend.

1974 Malaga 2002 4282899 "Little Red"

1976 Polaris 2002 2374061 "Rusty Shackleford" 

1998 Dk. Blue Volvo S70 T5 "Carlene"- 221k Miles 

The reason that I want to do it is to make the car daily drive and have fun with it.

Sounds like a good idea, and should really increase the value. You know, two extra cylinders and all.

Please post a pic of your turbo as it is now.

Sorry Soltan I was being sarcastic in my comment.

But what others have said, a real Turbo is worth money in any condition.

Please post a picture and the VIN of your car, and folks here will tell you

#1- if it's the real thing and #2- the best thing to do with it.

The "best thing to do with it" is what ever he wants to do with it. It is his car! The rest of the world can be happy or disappointed with his decisions but in the end it is his and he can shove it off the end of a pier if he wants. Yes I know he asked for opinions and he has gotten a few already ( including mine). This would not be the first Turbo to be modified or worse yet abandoned and allowed to rust away. I would hope he thinks carefully about what he does with it. If all he has is a bare shell the chance of anyone restoring it to original condition is slim to none due to cost and availability of correct parts. It is very easy to spend a lot more restoring a car than it will be worth when you are done, that does not make any sense either.

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

The "best thing to do with it" is what ever he wants to do with it. It is his car! The rest of the world can be happy or disappointed with his decisions but in the end it is his and he can shove it off the end of a pier if he wants. Yes I know he asked for opinions and he has gotten a few already ( including mine). This would not be the first Turbo to be modified or worse yet abandoned and allowed to rust away. I would hope he thinks carefully about what he does with it. If all he has is a bare shell the chance of anyone restoring it to original condition is slim to none due to cost and availability of correct parts. It is very easy to spend a lot more restoring a car than it will be worth when you are done, that does not make any sense either.

^ well said!