Somewhat unnerving picture....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

As these tanks get older, a lot of them won't be maintained well, the brakes won't be as good, the suspensions are tired, then they get handed down to the teenage drivers so they'll be "safer" in them! Oiy!

My son and I are building a 2002 for him (he's 14 now), and I think about the size difference between 2002's and road-tanks quite a bit.

Guest Anonymous

It might not be as bad at low speeds. My friend backed into the front of my'75 malaga with his Vanagon. Moved the car two feet with the brake on and in gear. My car now has a scratch in the front plate, and the fog lamps are misaligned. His bumper has a huge bend in it, was pushed in about four inches and the trim is hanging off. See those big bumpers are good for something.

Guest Anonymous

DSCN0022.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

folks will just scrap them out of frustration. Old pickups are always useful for hauling stuff even if they barely run, but a worn-out Luxo Barge is pathetic in addition to being useless. Or maybe, they will all flip over harmlessly (to others) into ditches as the suspensions wear out.

That's wishfull thinking, of course. We are going to be cursed with these vehicular abominations for decades to come.

regards,

Zenon

Guest Anonymous

That's the whole idea. SUV driver transfers the risk of a crash to the other vehicle, likely smaller. They walk, you die. Nice,huh?

Guest Anonymous

Much better bumper protection with those. That doesn't help @ freeway speeds with a SUV monstrosity though. Plus the 74 is now smog-exempt here in CA

Guest Anonymous

95truck6%20copy.jpg

Note the front bumper on this F350. It's alarming how many of these you see in the roads here in Dallas. It makes me sick.

Guest Anonymous

Commuting in the M3 the other morning, some guy in a big Mercedes sled having LOTS of trouble staying in his lane.

Right foot down, 90mph, I put some space between us.