I wanna dragrace my tii..let's hear some 1/4mi times..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

My 73tii is stock for the most part, only mods are a pretronix and Mallory CDI. I also have a 3.9 LSD in her. This is for now, some serious HP is down the pipe after summer. What is the most power the halfshafts, cv's and stub axles can take? I am shooting for around 200+hp either turbo or a mongo high CR/big cam EFI beast n/a. thanks!

Guest Anonymous

Schrick 292

Weber 40DCOEs

Bag o'snakes header

008 Dizzy

11.5:1 CR mahle pistons.

4.11 rear end

E12 late cast head from 1979

3-core rad

about 225 at flywheel, 208 at wheels

02Monster

Guest Anonymous

have you dynoed it? those are some impressive hp claims....

i've got the same setup as you but with no header and 9.5:1 pistons and i'm realistically getting about 155-160 horsepower max. so 11.5:1 pistons and a header are good for 65 horsepower? wow, i'm going to have to get me some.

Guest Anonymous

I never thought an M10-engined '02s would be much for drag racing (my stock '71 certainly isn't), but I guess I was wrong. Just goes to show that with the right motivation and enough cash, anything is possible!

-Dave

Colorado '71, prolly 11-12 sec 0-60 at this point, I'd guess.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah I have the same setup except 10:1 pistons and no dual 40's and while I haven't had it dynoed I know for damn sure I'm nowhere near that ballpark.

Guest Anonymous

this is from the top end performance website

Slightly lopey idle at approx. 1000-1100 RPM. 9.8:1 compression ratio. 91mm or 92mm big bore for 2100cc + displacement. Aggressive Street Head porting. 294 to 306 camshafts. Race prep on rods and crankshaft. Heavy duty dual valve springs. Mandatory use of Ignition upgrades. Tii Distributor. MSD Ignition package. Header. High flow muffler and pre-silencers. 2.25" exhaust pipe.

Approx 175-180 HP

from what i've seen, it is very hard and $$$ to get 200+ ponies out of the m10. we're talking 330 cam, dual 45s, 13:1 compression, full electronic ignition, 3 inch exhaust, etc. not something you can drive on the street and it probably won't last very long.

Guest Anonymous

...then again, the cams are relatively mild, but 225hp from a massaged SOHC M10? You're gonna need boost to do that, even with 11.5:1 CR.

Marty

'73 malaga 9.5:1/Schrick 292/40 DCOEs/tii manifold maybe 140hp?