Girlfriend goes to 1st '02 gathering

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well I finally jumped in the car and attended my very first '02 gathering in Hot Springs, AR with him. I mean what is more fun than sitting around talking about car stuff and listening to words I have never heard of, "Ya sounds like a blast, Sure I'll go," I say to him. So we drive around looking for the other 2002s and I spot a man jumping up and down waving his arms around trying to catch our attention, which it did! As we drive in I have a smile on my face because I can't get this picture of this "crazy man" out of my head! I later find out this "cray man's" name is Skip. After admitting to everyone that yes I am the girlfriend who makes trips with her boyfriend to the junkyard every so often and craws up in parts of cars to block the piercing wind, I relax, and try to learn something about these "wonderful German cars" well that failed. So I didn't learn much, but I met some very nice people, enjoyed the drive (which I did have to bite lip on a few of the corners), had a great time, and caught some rays:) So Thank you guys (and Byron) and I hope to see you all again on another '02 gathering.

Guest Anonymous

mvc_619f.thumb.jpg

east mountain. She held to the sunroof opening the whole way up, and couldn't figure out why "skips" car was making that funny noise. Glad you both made it. Hope to see you both again real soon.

Guest Anonymous

Sounds like you did a good job. Hey, my fiancee is

now driving a '71. It's fully into her blood now...

Maybe we'll see you again in Atl.

rob

Guest Anonymous

Email from Melissa says, "Check the 2002 message board." Hello, IT'S MY HOME PAGE! We throughly enjoyed ourselves last weekend. Thanks so much to Skip and his gang for hosting the event. Also thanks to Mike for his "leadership qualities." The mountain road was great! You boys missed the ride home though. We took the infamous Talimena Drive. Twistie city! I am disappointed that Melissa said she didn't learn anything, I guess she didn't listen well. I think Britt had her confused about his Crane ignition system ;) (Thanks for the info Britt! p.s. Watch your mailbox.) See you fellas next time!

Byron

76 02 inka

p.s. Skip, sorry we missed you all Sat. night.

Guest Anonymous

you sound like a keeper. my girlfriend goes to out 2002 breakfast meetings and will help me work on my car when i need a pair of smaller hands. she even goes to motorcycle races with me and watches them on tv with me sunday mornings on speed! i am in love, needless to say.

what you're doing is very nice. guys really appreciate it when their significant others participate in car activities with them. you are a good person.

Guest Anonymous

My wife goes to all the 02 Fests with me. She's only missed one in 14 years. She doesn't give a hoot about talking cars and compression and fuel pumps, but she does enjoy the drive. Read the "wild story" about the 02 FestWest drive. The E30 M3 that was blasting down the road at 90mph driven by someones wife. That was no lady, that was my wife!

For us, the gatherings are a chance to see friends, make new ones, enjoy the drive and scenery. Past that, everyone has their own thing. Ours is finding a good microbrewery or desert!

Steve J

72 tii Verona

88 M3 Hennarot