anybody else score one of those N.O.S. keyblanks?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

MVC-023S.JPG

got into an ebay sneak and picked up a bmw/roundel marked keyblank, made by huf. i swear it has a blued finish- you know, like a gun. definitly made of steel, since it has storage rust spots. contours match my standard brass/chrome key perfectly. WTF?

should i cut it or save it? has anybody known of these before?

tia

robert

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/ths916m3/myhomepage/auto.html?mtbrand=AOL_US

Original steel keys can be had from the dealer. I got two for my car. They were a bit pricey, but hey I dont really care, I wanted them. None of the locksmiths around here could cut them for a price I would pay, so I ended up getting a set of pliers, some electric tape and a dremil tool to cut them myself. Came out fine.

James

Guest Anonymous

got one all-steel key (the blued one) and two folding keys. They came (at least on the early cars) on a little steel loop with a cardboard tag containing a BMW emblem and the VIN--hand written! Still have mine.

Suggest you use brass keys everyday, as the steel ones will wear the ignition switch faster...But the blued ones are great for "show"

Cheers

Mike