questions for you EFI and Tii resoration guys

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

when you replaced your old stock steel fuel line (high pressure feed), what did you (or would you) use as a replacement?

Though many alternatives exist, I don't want to run high pressure line inside the car, and can't (read shouldn't) run aeroquip socketless hose outside of the car.

Copper work hardens-- why doesn't steel line? alluminum line, steel braid?

Need advice/experience quickly.

Bill

Guest Anonymous

my car does not have a steel line installed, and it never did. Additionally, there are no fold tabs under the car that normally hold the fuel line, there wasn't ever a return line on this car.

I am told that this is not the exception, but the rule for earlier cars.

And that, my friend, is why I have to run a line for high pressure fuel.

Bill

Guest Anonymous

Ahh, I mistakenly though you had a tii, but you were really looking for input from tii guys ;). Sorry.

I have double annealed stainless line from Summit. I have not bent it up yet, but have done a test. It is bendable without crushing the tube. Just not easy. Only problem I have is the size is a tad bigger than the original tii line.

FWIW - putting on the tabs is pretty easy. I replaced one under my car. Just a few minutes to make, a minute to clean the place it will go, and a couple of seconds to zap it. If you are welderless, I can't imagine it would be much to pay someone to zap them inplace.

Guest Anonymous

I got one off of a later car and used cushioned P clamps with pop rivets sealed with silicone to attach it to the underside of the car. I did investigate other options, such as making an external one and running a steel line inside, but this was the easiest and least time consuming option. It has been working great for the past 4+ years on my EFI.

Good Luck,

Mike (#87)