Took a bit of a drive yesterday.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sea%20to%20Sky4.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

Anita had the day off, and well, I'm on WCB, so we decided to head out for a drive into beautiful BC. Our little 300 mile adventure took us past Whistler, all the way to Pemberton and back. It also included many stops along the Sea to Sky highway, and an 8km hike around Brandywine Falls.

Unfortunately, they were blasting along the highway last night, and we got stuck on the wrong side of it until midnight, still 2 hours from home. Anita wakes up for work at 6am!

Anyway, we took a few pics, and I thought I'd share some of them, and show you guys the beautiful, winding roads that we have up here, and some of the incredible scenery off the highway as well!

AlSea%20to%20Sky%20resized.JPG

Sea%20to%20Sky10.JPG

Sea%20to%20Sky11.JPG

Sea%20to%20Sky2%20resized.JPG

Sea%20to%20Sky5.JPG

Sea%20to%20Sky6.JPG

Sea%20to%20Sky8.JPG

Seat%20to%20Sky9.JPG

DSCF0035.JPG

DSCF0049.JPG

DSCF0068.JPG

html>

Guest Anonymous

Must have been fun. I'm waiting for a weekend to check out a similar route.. if I can get my 02 back together before the end of summer :)

Guest Anonymous

whos that chick messin with your car? didja put her in a headlock... : )

J/C, with your bad back, she'd prob whoop your ass good...

Guest Anonymous

....and the scenery's not bad either:). Some guys have all the luck. Where'd you find such a pretty s.o. that likes to work on your car? That is one fantastic drive. Amazing scenery. I've often wanted to ski The Whistler/Blackcomb area. Some say it's unrivaled in amazing terrain and lot's of it. Someday.....Oh well-thanks for the glimpse....of the mountains of course!

BTW, I hope you have sticky tires. A mistake there could be costly by the looks of it.

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0068.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

Careful now, she won't be able to fit her head through the door tomorrow! She gave me shit for posting her pic on here, but once the compliments rolled in, it was OK! BTW, in that pic, she was actually picking a blackfly carcass off the windshield. He got slammed under the wiper, and only his head exploded. Anita was getting a little sick of looking at the rest of his body!

As for Whistler, not being a skier myself, I don't know first hand, but Whistler is definately a world reknowned resort. All I can say is that the Whistler Brewhouse has the best nut brown ale anywhere!

Al

Guest Anonymous

I wasnt going to say a thing till plans were more concrete (superstition, remember) But eagle-eyed Al you are....

Yeah. I am flying up for a week or so solo (June end/July start) to bag an apartment for August, meet with headhunters / temp agencies.

Then fly back, pack up stuff, and decide if i rent a uhaul and tow the 02, or splurge for movers, and drive the 02 road-trip style.

Got down here in a somewhat newer BMW, so this will not be a rapid a trip...specially with my guibo/driveshaft playing up and my carb-probs..

Guest Anonymous

Damn that looks like a ton of fun. I remember driving through the Cascades on a soils field trip when I lived in WA state (we got to examine all kinds of volcanic soils, which at the time was damn cool for me). These pictures remind me of that trip, only with more spectacular mountain views.