Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anybody with experience running the 38/38/ DGAS on a stock engine? Mine has E12 head, stock cam, 9.3 pistons, stock ignition, rebuilt and balanced 60,000 miles ago. I'm looking for replacement of my 32/36 DGV and to hopefully regain some lost power running at higher altitudes (5000 MSL and above). Can you use the stock air cleaner with it?

Guest Anonymous

Dimensionally, the 38/38 carb is not a bunch different from the 32/36, and the air cleaner mount ( actually the choke assembly ) is identical between the two. So if you can put the stock air cleaner on the 32/36, you can do the same with the 38/38. It may be a hair taller? Someone here will know.

The real difference is the size of the bores, and that there is no secondary, it is dual primary. Sounds like your engine is ready for the extra gas, but remember that a 38/38 is dual syncronous, so instead of the 32mm primary sipping you will have twin 38mm toilets for flushing. Buh bye in town mileage.

I had a 38/38 on a Mazda truck and it was transformed. I could actually keep up with traffic. But I also almost rear ended everyone in my way at lights, the throttle response was instantaneous.

Guest Anonymous

Bacchus 2 has a 38/38 and it totally transformed

the car, with a 3.90 lsd it takes off like a bat out of

hell. I still get about 20+mpg combined. I used to

be a tii snob, but you can't beat the cost/thrill ratio

of a 38/38. I bought mine from Maximillian and it

was jetted perfectly for the car.

Michael

72 tii (Bacchus)

Guest Anonymous

It's a lot easier to work in the engine bay when you don't have to pull off the big 'ol flying saucer to get to things.