Can someone please post Fog Light Bracket Pictures ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I do not want to drill the bumpers and I have some idea of putting one in connecting the bracket with the the holes that are there on the hinges of the hood. But I am also afraid of vibration etc..can you post what you have done to avoid drilling the bumpers ?

TIA

Guest Anonymous

I've thought about making a small bracket (bend

flat stock in an 'L' shape) and attaching it to the

bumper bracket so no holes are drilled in the

bumper. The lights would end up being mounted

very close to the bumper, looking like they were on

the bumper. BUT holes will be drilled in the

bumper bracket.

Guest Anonymous

I bought two heavy duty angle brackets (L-shaped with a hole in each end) from Unistrut (they make heavy industrial shelving and have literally hundreds of interestingly shaped brackets avail. in their catalog). I fastened one end under the carriage bolt that holds the chrome bumper center section to the end sections, and bolted the fog/driving light to the other end. Nice heavy duty brackets so no lamp wiggle and no holes in the bumper. If you use/make brackets that bolt to the hood hinge support, you'll have to remove the lamps every time you remove the grille, thus spoiling their aim.

If you have an aluminum bumper car, you can buy clamp-on mounts--just be sure and ground the lamps with a ground wire or you'll have intermittent grounding problems.

Good luck

Mike