• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATTENTION ALL PNW 2002 OWNERS

gwb72tii

ok, like spring is around the corner and weather will be better, some day

as the BMWCCA 2002 special interest group coordinator, i'd like to ask the group a couple questions;

1. How many "official" drives/meet and greets does the group want to do? I was thinking three;

a spring "get the cobwebs out" meet

a fall drive somewhere where the leaves are turning colors

and a summer extended drive, possibly a 2 day affair

plus a run down to the Portland meet at the brewery, maybe in conjunction with the extended drive

also, some time ago, we used to have a meet and greet in north bend where we had some sponsorship and awards, along with a barbecue.

do you want to get this going again, not necessarily in north bend?

let me know as i believe the puget sound BMWCCA has some $ to help us if we do it right

fire off suggestions please or other ideas

ALSO, if you haven't already, please email me your contact info so i can include you in the group for meets and drives.

PS2002sig@comcast.net

IMG_0473.jpg

DSC_0437-1.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0391-1.jpg

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

I think 3's a good number! A big BBQ/swap meet type a thing would be fun! That could be done at any number of places. Saturdays typically seem to be the best days for everyone. I'll be up for these!

Edit: What can we do to get a bunch of us on the track at the Pacific Raceways Historic races this year? I know the CCA had a bunch of cars but how fun would it be to have 30 2002's make a couple laps around the track together?

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

That would be fun! I would want to take my 02 out on the track though :P

-Nathan

This would be great, I have been missing the shows! I have also not gotten my car out to a group drive in a really long time, and would hope I could make it work despite a baby coming at the end of March.....BUT, it would be great.

A sweet extended drive that I did last fall (not in the 02) that would be a BLAST with a group of 02's in the fall....is up over Highway 20 to Winthrop, and then down back over hwy 2. Mountain views, twisties.....all of that, probably some of the best in washington!!

-Bryan (I think I see my car in one of those first pics)

red73

bry 2002 bmw @ gmail . com

73' 2002 "red"

66' 2 Door Cortina GT

http://mk1cortinasearch.blogspot.com/

I think the idea of 3 drives is pretty spot on. If you include the annual 02/02 drive that's 4 gatherings/drives. I'd put more of an emphasis on the drive part of course. In addition to the Portland gathering, there is the BMWCCA event at the XXX and The Old School Reunion as possible launching points for a drive.

Also, I think we should use this forum for more spontaneous drives. We've all checked the forecast for the weekend and see a sunny day and just grab the car and go. I think it would be fun to just toss a quick item here for whomever can get away. Even if it's just a quick blast and lunch somewhere, that would make for a good day.

Edit - wrenching parties can be a good way to spend a weekend day too. I can drink beer and offer unhelpful suggestions.

-David

1972 2002 - 2577652 Follow the fun

Dave has a good point, the XXX meet is usually pretty big and the Old School Reunion can be some fun. I plan to make the XXX meet if I look up the date...

-Nathan

• 3 weeks later...
Sounds like a great time to have in our deuces. I also believe to have seen an all Bimmer meet in Issaquah this Summer. PRI/SIR also sounds good! Keep me posted with any developments.

Cheers!

Burgers and BMW's is June 3rd at XXX this year. That's what you're thinkin'.

-Nathan

I am a recently joined member, with a recently acquired 74' 2002. Here in PDX I see a lot of 2002's around town. It would be nice to gain some knowledge from a few wise men about a few things I have in question, but I would no doubt be interested in a meet up!

Daily '74 BMW 2002 w/ Dual 40's

Signature

Visit my Wheelwell to see what I've done to the car

• 2 months later...
  • BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors