vibration at 3k RPMs..possibly from driveshaft.. Any ideas.?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am in the process of readying myself for a rather long road trip, trying to troubleshoot a new vibration.

Could it be the flexible guibo/coupling on the prop-shaft? thats my first guess.

Returned from a 200mile round trip to blow the cobwebs out - and the vibration seemed to appear th enxt day. Other than that the car is soo much happier...

Have taken a quick look - nothing looks untoward. I will need to get her on jackstands and really poke about

Guest Anonymous

Does it happen at 3k RPM regardless of gear? Does it happen when you rev the car in neutral?

Check the guibo and the driveshaft center hanger bearing. Both are common failure points.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Driveshaft vibes usually come at very low road speeds -- under 15 MPH. Engine is inherently buzzy around 3k; you are probably hearing/feeling a loose body or external engine part being excited by the engine. Curt

Guest Anonymous

out to be the exhuast banging lightly up against the inside of the tranmission tunnel. . . check out your exhaust, when i spotted that, i was happy