Pics of Sunday Morning's drive...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Myself, Pierre, and the Big Fahuna did Hwy 33 (Upper Ventura, Ca.) and had some fun....going to do it agian on the 22nd, hopefully some of you will join us!

3311.JPG

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

That looks like a beautiful 2002 road... I am trying to remember the great road we took to see the Vintage races at Buttonwilow after the 2002 Fest West last year. I know that we usually take HWY 25 down from San Francisco to San Louis Obispo to get to the Fest ,for as long as we can ,because it is so desloate and twisty and fun. I think HWY 33 has been written up by the motorcycle guys as one of the preferred "have fun" roads in California. Great shots, thanks.///

Guest Anonymous

on the Cali Highways Motorcylce site that was linked recently on the is forum. There are some great rides on that site, and not many of which I have enjoyed yet.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://users.adelphia.net/~pchamaa/june_22_2003.htm

Hi Jay,

The 58 is the road from the fest to Buttonwillow. Two of us took it a few hrs. after you guys did, saw the wreckage of that five series. We talked a little at the races and it was nice to meet you and see all the other 02's, etc. If you have the time it would be cool if you and some of the other Northern Ca. guys cruise down for our little meet on the 22nd, see you later; -A

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

I dont think my A4 will have the new engine in yet, but the Sahara loves the roads down there. Please post the meet place/time and I will make sure I make it. Hope to bring some other Bay Area cars with me. Thanks for the invite. Road 58- what a wild ride! I was telling someone about getting air off those humpty-doos next to the oil fields. Talk about negative Gs... I had to wimp out after a few, but I think the M5s and M6 went up to 150 mph on one of the stretches. Remember Martin w/ the beautiful silver tii that was sold to the Porsche race team? I saw his immaculate Turbo at the Bay Area meet: 35,000 Kilometers only: it was like sitting in a car in a Munich showroom in 1975! He even has the optioal Scheel driver's seat for Turbo that I had never seen before. The best seat ergonomics I have ever felt. Thise guys really had it going in the 70s. Look forward to seeing you and the rest of the gang later in June. ///