I guess +40hp does make a difference

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://personal.inet.fi/cool/grt/

1st place after 4 years of trying!! Very tight race, extremely fun. Two starts, 2nd in the first one and 1st in the second one so now I'm leading the cup.

There was 5 cars in about 1 sec in lap times. Compared to last year now I was able to pass them on a straight (about 1km, almost straight, full throttle). I got about 180..190 km/h top speed which was just enough!

Once more thanks to all you who helped me with the engine!

Tommy

GoodfellasRacingTeam

PS. Sorry I haven't had time to update my webpage but I will soon!

Guest Anonymous

Congrats, and wow! 40 hp is a really nice increase. What were the final specs you went with on the motor? I recall you upped the compression, but was that enough to have this significant increase?

thanks, and congrats again

David

Guest Anonymous

Thanks,

compressions 11,7:1, Hemi chambers, Schrick 316 copy, taller rods, better header.

I'll make website with all specs as soon as I can.

Tommy

Guest Anonymous

What is your RPM range? Did you use long rods to make more breathing at high rpms, less angularity and the reduced side loading?

Please do make that page update. It sounds like you have a very intersting motor. Congrats again!

Guest Anonymous

I have rev limitter now @ 7200 and I've never reached that on track. It pulls very well from 4500 to 7000.

Yes, the smaller angle which leads to less side load was the main reason. I do not know does that give more power but it sure doesn't hurt anyway. I thought that since I spend big money for pistons I'll take also the rods. Reconditioning and balancing stock rods would cost almost half of them. Now I have bulletproof forged steel rods so I think low end could rev 9000.

Tommy