Which AC does this go to...Anybody know? Or is it specific a

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

acend.jpg

Well apparently its 2002 AC equip. ;) (I dont have one so I dont know about it). I got it for freees along with an engine I got for freees too but I dunno which system it goes to...

Is it really specific to any of the systems at all? I dunno, its the pump though anyway right? Why does it say Borg-Warner Diesel on it?! I have no way of testing it (actually ON something anyway, might be able to just hook power to it though..) but I was told it worked but free is always OK, if it DID run, and was cleaned up nice any ideas what it might go for? I dont need it...!

center

Guest Anonymous

I am such a dummy, I cant 'test' it, lol. Gee whats that belt pulley for? Makes it go chug......... Im tired... Whats that wire on it for then? :)

Guest Anonymous

ryan_phelps.jpg

The wire is what pulls the clutch in so the compressor spins with the pully(it doesn't always run).....The only real way to test it off the car is to plug the discharge port and see if it builds pressure. If it does chances are the compressor is good....You'll still need the condensor and evaporator coils along with all of the control's and hoses to set the system up...

Ryan

68 02

Guest Anonymous

units that were aftermarket installations on '02s. The rotary compressor you pictured was and is a common replacement--superior to the piston compressor in many ways. With the proper mounting adapters, the rotary can replace the piston compressor on an 02 A/C installation.

Cheers

Mike