Got 50+ MPG on trip back from Hot Springs!!! GREAT TIME

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Course that was due to the fact that we had to pull my car home behind my truck... lost an oil line (and most of the oil in the motor) makin death rattles now.

Had to ride back with Brent Miller in his cool 1600, Thanks to Sayed and Doug for stopping and offering a hand.

Gonna shop for a decent used motor (again) so if anyone has a cheap (free to $400) runner in/close to Arkansas, please let me know.

Other than that the day was a blast. Chris (Skip) put on a great gathering. If I'm not mistaken we had 11 or 12 '02s of various configurations from my RUST HOLE Street Car to some pristine restored cars that you could see yourself in from 20 feet away. We also had a Bavaria and a 318ti (i think), and a e30 M3 (oh hell yeah!) as well as a quite a few '02 interested parties that were not able to drive their cars for whatever reasons.

If you ever get a chance to come to one of these outings, you should do so. It was a wonderful day in the sun enjoying good company and great cars.

If I've left out your name or car it's not on purpose as I'm new to this crowd and will surely spend more quality time with all of you and get to know you better in the future!

Thanks again for the good time,

Britt

Guest Anonymous

I had a great time too. Rajesh might have another good core motor. I know I've got a good 2.0 crankshaft. I'm gonna post photos from my p.c. at work tomorrow. Hopefully others will also. Thanks to everybody for making it a great, friendly event!!

Guest Anonymous

It was a blast. Where else would you get together with so many of your friends with the same interest?

It was all well till we spotted your car on the side of the road, sorry Britt! It sounded like a piston knock but I am sure you will figure it out. Anyway, I do not have any good spare engine, however I have a good 121 head at Skip's and a block with a bad piston (if it is of any use to you) please help yourself to them. I will try to locate a local engine for you and will leave you the sellers contact so you can deal with him (i think I know where there is one). Also 2002 AD will sell you a single piston if you need one to redo yours quickly without much expense.

Let us know and say hello to Brent

Long live the 1600

Guest Anonymous

email me your shipping info and I'll get it to you.

Hell, I may even put some Mother's on it first.

Take care and good to meet you,

Brent Miller

'71 160

Guest Anonymous

(and it was good to see Britt's car in the rearview for

once!)

Thanks to Skip for getting it together and passing out

valuable door prizes. Nice gathering of cars in various

states of repair and condition (Bo Black's car is

over-the-top perfect BTW.)

We'll keep in touch and go for some Arkansas drives in

August to see what you're really made of.

Rajesh: come get this 1600 when you're ready!

Regards,

Brent Miller

'71

Guest Anonymous

I figured it was cool though, we'll hang again. Thanks again for the great time! (and the goodies, that new battery is begging to live in my trunk once I get the necessary parts!) No problems going home. Sorry to hear about Britt, that really REALLY sucks, I guess it's always someone's turn. I have to say that everyone should have followed us home because the Talimena Drive was an absolute blast. Well, see everyone next time!

Byron

76 02 inka

p.s. I'll be looking for tie rods and ball joints soon if anyone has any or has any leads on any. Thanks.