What happend to the Michigan event?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://photos.yahoo.com/imprezsti2000

I hope my beast will be at least road worthy by than :)

As Mike K posted:

The flyer reads as such:

International Stars All German Summer Picnic and Show 'n Shine. Sunday July 13, 2003 RAIN OR SHINE! German American Schuetzen Ferein (Shooting Club) 2650 Auburn Road, Auburn Hills

11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Bring your Mercedes-Benz - old or new - classic or modern!!! Bring a dish to pass and your own cooler with beverages. The Club will provide and grill the bratwurst. This will be an afternoon of fine automobiles and fine food. People's choice voting for both the cars, and the side dishes and desserts.

BMW and Porsche owners are also invited

For more information contact:

Karl Bekemeier at 586-465-6009; Doug Osterrout at 248-952-0862; or Steve Mahac at 586-754-2323

List names of all people attending below: Phone number: Car(s) being displayed: Year/Model/Color. Number of people attending x $10 each = (Make checks payable to MBCA - International Stars) Mail to: Linda Mahac, 3721 E. Ten Mile Road, Warren, MI 48091. Please register by July 8th.

...just an idea.

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga

Shelby Township, MI.

Guest Anonymous

Greetings,

I've not made a huge push off the board in relation to the event to date, but I'd certainly like to go seeing that most local import events are either Italian or British-car themed. A German-themed anything is pretty unusual in SE Michigan (excepting the Shrine of the Little Flower embarassment of the thirties), hence my interest. I'll call the information number to get a feel for the organizers, and hence to make some determination as to whether we'd be welcome/comfortable. In other news, should you seek out an English magazine by the name of Classics (not to be confused with Classic & Sportscar), the current issue has an BMW 2002 tuning guide with a few photographs that might appeal. The photo car may be of particular interest as it is a stock square tailight repainted in Amazon Green - veeeeeery '70's! It might be fun to flip through to sample the appearance of your car before the metallic green was applied. I hope to attend both the Carnival of Cars and the Metro Beach (how's that for an uninspired name?) events on Sunday. I messed up the static timing on my '02 (= immobilized), but otherwise I plan to enjoy what I can. Thanks.

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga