some cis and turbo questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anyone on here converted a 2002 to fuel injection from an 82 320i anyone know how the harness is all spliced together or am i gonna have to but the manual and do my homework? Also if i am using the 320i injection and head, should i use the 02 distributer or the 320 one? I will get some pictures of the engine and post before i put it in. very pretty all redone. and lastly, anyone on here have a 320i WUR or an audi 5k one (long shot) and either a 323i or 320i rad?? Thanks.

Jared

Guest Anonymous

concerned about performance), going to EFI with the 318 manifold and brain is a pretty easy conversion. CIS is extremely sensitive to intake leaks and will preclude you from putting in a bigger cam or making many other tweaks to your engine.

If you're even thinking about forced induction, give it up. CIS is just too hard to tune.

If you're looking for performance, check out some of the current EFI brains. I'm a big fan of the Megasquirt DIY brain, but there are others and all can be made to work much better than CIS or even the stock 318 Motronic unit.

Regards,

John N.

Guest Anonymous

I have to disagree, CIS is excellent for forced induction, only a simple change to the audi turbo WUR and your set for ~200hp depending on fuel pump. CIS responds very well to forced induction, much better then the 318i EFI from an early E30. Many more parts would need to be added and changed to make that work.

Guest Anonymous

well, you'll need a curve that can take pressure- maybe start with a tii distributor and go from there.

BUT.

the 320 and 2002 cam and distributor are different- the gears are cut differently, so the dis turns a different way. So you'll need to match the distributor drive gear with the cam you use...

I think you'll discover a lot more questions as you progress down the forced induction path...

t

Guest Anonymous

I did a 320i 1.8 CIS on to a 2 liter bottom end a few years ago. If any body needs, I can email out my wiring harness conversion chart and plumbing diagrams.

Let me know and I will dig out the disk.

Steve J