well, the 02 got "christened" yesterday...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm on the way to the local shop to have a cracking motor mount reinforced. My four year old is riding in the back. Some young kid in a jazzed up rice burner pulls out in front of us on this smooth twisty road. We have to touch the brakes. He takes off. We turn up the throttle a notch or two and catch right up and follow him through some nice twisties. Now, I don't take chances with my son on board, we were just rolling at a nice, safe, sporty clip. A few minutes later we part ways. I'm thinking, "man, it was fun showing that kid what these cars are about," when my son says, "daddy, I feel a little icky." I ask him, "are you ok Max?" He says "yes." Three seconds later he barfs up his lunch and the handful of blue whatever candies Mom gave him before we left. Was it the excessive candy consumption or the twisties? You can guess which theory was offered to Mamma!

Guest Anonymous

motion sickness is usually caused by an over reliance upon the inner ear for stablity. When using visual cues in addition to the inner ear most people will have a lessening tendency for sickness.

Here's a tip... okay he's four this may not work... If you remind him to look as far ahead down the road as he can or "focus on the car ahead" his head will be moving with the road-- like yours is.

Booster chair (more height), car ahead, careful coaching, less candy, more age, additional trips to amusment parks and fairs (more height)

Or... simply a plastic lined interior, baby bubble, or similar device, blue coral interior/carpet cleaner.

Just a thought.

Bill

Guest Anonymous

cocker spaniel to his first vet visit. On the way home, he wriggled between the front seats and before I could stop him, made a "deposit" on the back seat--partly on the seat and partly on my hat! Needless to say we had a "conversation" on the roadside while I cleaned up. It must have taken because he's now 12 and has never deposited in the car since.

But I think kiddy barf would be worse; puppy poo is (reasonably) solid!

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

cocker spaniel to his first vet visit. On the way home, he wriggled between the front seats and before I could stop him, made a "deposit" on the back seat--partly on the seat and partly on my hat! Needless to say we had a "conversation" on the roadside while I cleaned up. It must have taken because he's now 12 and has never deposited in the car since.

But I think kiddy barf would be worse; puppy poo is (reasonably) solid!

Cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

lol... poor little guy- reminds me of my friend's wife in the back seat of my Sahara going over Mt. Tam ( a great twisty drive we have in the Bay area). Her husband had called shotgun! an hour before we even got into the car... I guess it is rough on the backseaters- and I used to have "air sickness" bags in the car: they just cant seem to find them in the storage slot .