Sign in to follow this  
jdeitch

WTB 3.64 LSD

13 posts / 3762 viewsLast Reply

Sorry about that. Its a bit dirty but it came from a low millage early 320i. Super tight. Let me know!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,366765/highlight,lsd/

I'm interested... Please help a 2002 noob out. How do I tell what ratio a diff is? How can I be sure it's limited slip? Do you have the 320 inner CVs or the redrilled flanges I will need to use in a 2002? How about a 2002 rear cover?

Unfortunately I don't have the CV's or the rear cover. The easiest way to go is find a 1976 diff and use the output flanges from that. Only 76 diff flanges work. The other option is to use drilled flanges and spacers... Iv been using the 76 flanges for 2-3 years of daily driving and all is well!

Quite simply put, if you spin one diff flange the other will go in the same direction if it's an LSD. If not they will spin in opposite directions. Im not the best person to ask about gearing. I no its a 3.64 because I searched the FAQ and researched the numbers on the side.

Once you have the flange situation figured out its simple as pie... Un bolt old diff, bolt in new one. Instant gradification! Simple simple simple... Let me know

Unfortunately I don't have the CV's or the rear cover. The easiest way to go is find a 1976 diff and use the output flanges from that. Only 76 diff flanges work. The other option is to use drilled flanges and spacers... Iv been using the 76 flanges for 2-3 years of daily driving and all is well!

Quite simply put, if you spin one diff flange the other will go in the same direction if it's an LSD. If not they will spin in opposite directions. Im not the best person to ask about gearing. I no its a 3.64 because I searched the FAQ and researched the numbers on the side.

Once you have the flange situation figured out its simple as pie... Un bolt old diff, bolt in new one. Instant gradification! Simple simple simple... Let me know

The more I know the more questions I have. What are the numbers on the side? What is the turn ratio? (input to output). Can you post or email a pic of the "can" inside the gear to confirm this is not a locked diff..