where do i connect the vacuum hose from my distributor to th

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

drivers headreast... when you get above 1700 revs, start sucking... : )

I'm looking for a photo now. There should be a vaccume port down near the base of the carb somewhere.

Guest Anonymous

the brake booster with a small nipple T, or tap the manifold for a small nipple (you can do it I have faith in you)

If you tap it, it's really pretty straight forward. Get a nipple with 1/8 NPT threaded fitting and a tap for 1/8 NPT (if you guys use those over there) and use the suggested drill for that size tap. It'll go better if you use some type of kerosene as a lube when drilling/tapping the alum. I use WD40 as it's mostly kero. When your tapping remember to only turn the tap one full turn then half a turn back. If you follow this it should go rather smoothly and severly limit the chances of breaking a tap.

PS Disregard if someonelse finds you a vac. port. : )

good luck with it.

Britt

Guest Anonymous

people suggesting that the manifold vacuum would not be ideal for distributor advance (chris b??!)as opposed to carb.

can someone who has installed one of these offer any advice?

cheers

ozgeorge

Guest Anonymous

vac. port in #4 barrel of dual carb @ 2500 rpm = 7 in. Hg vac (approx 18 cm Hg vac)

vac. port in #3 intake of dual carb @ 2500 rpm = 15 in. Hg vac (approx 37 cm Hg vac) and it pulsates wildly at idle as measured before the modulator valve near the brake M/C.

so, it looks like the intake port may have about twice the vaccume as the carb port. Keep in mind that my measurements are off a motor with one carb barrel and one intake pipe per cylinder, so it may be different with yours.

Hope it helps some,

B

Guest Anonymous

My Photos&.dnm=Sickness 3.jpg&.src=ph&.view=t

I got sidedrafts and my ti dizzy bushings went out.

Had to put the vac dizzy back on temporarily.

Any good how to's on dizzy rebuild's or swapping mech adv guts into another dizzy?

I think I may just try the headrest option for now...

Guest Anonymous

the only thing I've see is high priced ones at the vendors.

Check your yellow pages, used to be most alt/gen/starter shops would rebuild dizzys too or they would know who could.

Good luck, and if you find out anything post it for the rest of us!