Parts stores have failed me

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just got my order of new bolts for the axle half-shaft from Maxmillian and realized that I forgot to order the self-locking nuts. Local parts stores have zippo. Anyone know a good source for auto-grade fasteners?

While I am at it, why can I not find fuses? All I can find are the glass "German" type that don't fit properly.

Guest Anonymous

great one here... grade 8 hardware even)

Fuses: try any VW parts place, or just go mail order and get a fistfull. That's one of the things I'm always keeping an eye out for when "shopping"

Best of luck.

Guest Anonymous

Try McMaster Carr (mcmastercarr.com)or Grainger (local or grainger.com). I had trouble getting metric hardware locally for a reasonable price and bought what I needed through McMaster Carr. Grainger is mail order but also has local outlets in some parts of the country.

Guest Anonymous

when i could not find something recently at my local home depot that i knew they should carry, i went to website and ordered the part from another store. Maybe you can do that with the fuses, if you have the time to wait for delivery. Sure beats running around checking 10 different auto parts stores.good luck///

Guest Anonymous

the wall full of slide out drawers--and carry stainless steel metric Nyloc nuts! Also try a marine supply house, particularly one that is an outboard motor dealer. Lotsa stainless steel metric stuff.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

Try www.mcmaster.com.

All kinds of fasteners and industrial supplies, ship right away and take credit cards.

I got my locknuts from them.

Guest Anonymous

They are in LA, we are in SF. We ordered an electric motor, the rep said it may take a while as it had to go by truck. We had the part on site in less than 18 hours!