Lets forget for a moment that I am stupid

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

The hood never latched very well on Max, it had a dink in the nose and things weren't lined up just perfect. I was looking at it today and it seed that the drivers side was getting over the roller instead of under it. A quick tweak with pliers and it latched down tight.

Too tight. I should be much smarter than this but woefully I am not. So now the hood is shut great, which is fantastic! It used to rattle around and buffet in the wind. But it no longer opens when you release the catch.

It would be perfect if spark plugs, carburetors and ignitions were non service items. Was that a Toyota commercial where they welded the hood shut? We of 02's can only dream of that day.

Long story short: HOW DO I GET MY HOOD OPEN?

Guest Anonymous

hah no dont do that...

speaking of toyotas though... my friend picked up a early model civic or something along those lines. I think it was a 2 door sedan, very old and boxxy. Had like 120k, owned by an old window her whole life. I think he bought it for $700, it was a real piece of shit and bearly ran. about 2 days later he was working on it and it sliped out of gear and rolled down his driveway, and smashed into a parked car. anyway, just bearly bent the hood, but he could no longer open it. So he kept driving it for about a year and a half I believe before he finally blew apart the motor... but for that whole time he never opened the hood.

Not that any of this helps but I'm bored so I thought I'd share the story :)

Guest Anonymous

I've never actually done this so I dont know if it will work, but I notice on the front part of the hood where it is hinged, there is actually a cut out so you can access the bolts to the hinge from under the car. I think this might be used as a way to adjust the position of the hood while its on the car. Maybe you could get up under there with a long ass extention on a socket and lossen these bolts a little, this way you can shimmy around your hood until it pops loose.

Again I've never heard of this done and I'm sure there will be some better answers to this problem, but I'm still bored so I thought I'd share my observations.

Guest Anonymous

Pop the corner where the roller is (on the outside in the corner) with your closed fist. You should hear the bar move. This should release the bar enough to allow you to get it open.

Guest Anonymous

He got it. Thanks a bunch. I have since adjusted it to be tight yet still release, a hindsighted testament to my abject stupidity.