Tell me if I am wrong in my thinking. (people with top moun

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

DSCN0938.JPG

Ok, so I streched the 2 springs on my Pierce manifolds top mount linkage (don't ask how). So I ordered 2 new ones and two back up ones. I gave them the part number they had for them on their web-site which showed the picture. The springs they sent me were not the same, and will not fit onto the linkage unless I bend the springs.

So I emailed them telling them this, and they told me that they WILL work and they are just from different companies. I feel that they should send me the right springs, THE ONES I ORDERED, not different springs. I don't trust the springs they sent me, especially the fact that I have to modify them to work.

Please tell me what you think about this and what I should do.

(The picture shows what I ordered on the left, and what they gave me on the right.)

Thanks,

Bryan

red73

Guest Anonymous

one inside another from your local parts store and hook em up for $5. Works great.

BTW. there is no way that those two springs have the same rate (not that it's that critical)one is a compound (dual size) spring and the other is straight. the wire diam is close to the same, but the hooks are nothing alike. Tell them you want your $ back and don't be afraid to fix it yourself.