advice on carburetors

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey i am looking at these weber DCOM's, they are exactly the same as the DCOE except they have a diaphram instead of an accelerator pump (as i understand it). so what i want to know here is do you think that even though they arent DCOE's, do you think that they would be worth while. since they are exactly the same as DCOE's except for one part, i am thinking they are a pretty good deal. and a good performance upgrade. let me know what you guys think.

they will be coupled with 292 cam, header, freeflow exhaust, and a ported head.

mike

golf 72

Guest Anonymous

If you wind up having to change all of the jets, venturis, air correctors, etc., to do the proper 2002 setup, they might not be such a bargain. Those parts add up fast, and can tack on a few hundred $$ to the carb price.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

My carbs were beyond filthy. Needing complete overhauls (past normal rebuild kit) and were described as "Excellent shape". His feedback is good, but I sent him a lot of money and got a lot of trouble. It was still worth the additional money and effort, it's just that he didn't represent what he had correctly.

Ask all the venturi sizes, jet sizes, air corrections etc and compare these to what it will cost to replace them.