Sign in to follow this  
ClayW

Maryland Inspection

10 posts / 5356 viewsLast Reply

What do I have to look forward to with the Maryland safety/emissions/body-cavity-search when I get around to registering and inspecting my `67 1600 in Maryland?

Go historic and they will only check if the car actually has 4 wheels...

Technically they say that you can't drive the car almost ever AND that in order to qualify, the car must not have been substantially modified from its original condition... what american understands a German car?

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/About-MVA/INFO/27300/27300-28T.htm#historic

Dear Maryland MVA Officer,

Please define "substantially modified."

Thank you.

I kind of wonder if anyone has ever been cited/ticketed for driving a classic car too much.

My wife has complained bitterly that my classic car isn't being driven enough. Worse than a ticket in my book.

I kind of wonder if anyone has ever been cited/ticketed for driving a classic car too much.

My wife has complained bitterly that my classic car isn't being driven enough. Worse than a ticket in my book.

Sounds like you need to take the `76 for a spin. Maybe up to Silver Spring to check out the new ISRGC satellite campus.

Sounds like you need to take the `76 for a spin. Maybe up to Silver Spring to check out the new ISRGC satellite campus.

I haven't started the motor since late summer. Been too busy with work and the new house to investigate the leak down pressure loss and coolant leak issues. Planning to pull the motor either this weekend or next, then tear it down and inspect it to find out what's wrong. It's time for another motor extraction and puppet show fiesta, only this time in my garage.

CAM_0240.JPG

Clay,

Go historic tags with your '02 -- no inspection or emissions and cheaper fees/insurance.

-Marc

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.