Sign in to follow this  
steve k.

Missing emails from the forum? Are you on Hotmail?

19 posts in this topic Last Reply

EDIT - Resolved. I have one confirmation. After trying to get Hotmail to stop blocking us for the last few weeks, the wait is finally over. You should be able to get the emails from the forum.

steve k.

If you think you are missing emails from the forum, please check your Spam/Junk mail folder. They are probably there.

Some mail clients will not put mail in those folder if the sender email address is in your address book, so please add forum@bmw2002faq.com to your address book to prevent the messages from being categorized as spam.

steve k.

I use Hotmail for the FAQ and i'm not getting any emails in spam or anywhere else.

I've added the address but still getting nothing.

Any other suggestions?

no they don't...I can't find them anywhere...funny, it has worked fine for several years...maybe I'll just try another email address...

i am still getting nothing as well. there is zero trace of them in my spam, inbox, etc...

Is it a hotmail only thing?

Steve, I'm sure you can set up a hotmail account to test on...

It is a bummer. I have no idea when people are chiming in on topics i am involved with.

-Josh

It appears to be a Hotmail issue and not one from the FAQ...

I too have a Hotmail account and have not been receiving email notifications from forum@bmw2002faq.com... Steve, did you change any settings since we talked at the NT49mile drive in December? That's about the time I stopped receiving response notifications from the FAQ.

I just added the forum@bmw2002faq.com to my contacts and safe list, added @bmw2002faq.com to my safe list and made sure that neither were in my blocked senders list. I suggest other Hotmail users try the same thing... I'll let you know if I start receiving anything again.

Last resort is to try changing my FAQ registered email to my Yahoo or Gmail accounts....

we had a few changes since then. One was actually moving to a new server. I am still not sure why hot mail refuses to receive messages from us. The issue with Google started at the same time, but i think that has been resolved.

steve k.

Hi Steve,

My hotmail account has stopped receiving emails from the FAQ. It 's been maybe 2 or 3 weeks now. (Maybe longer? I'm getting old.) I checked my settings in my FAQ profile and I am still on to receive email notifications. I checked the junk folder (not there) the safe list (name is there) and the blocked list (name is not there) and still... nothing.

So I decided to post it here and... lo and behold, I am not the only one having this issue. It's obviously a Hotmail glitch. My Hotmail account is working though.

Thanks Steve.