• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beautiful 1975 2002 Racecar For Sale. Vinatge ITB Many Class

cozmic512

714718339_nrSnp-M.jpg

motoroverviewcopy.jpg

passengercagecopy.jpg

More pics can be seen at

http://s680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/cozmic512/1975%202002%20Race%20Car%20%20ITB%20%20ST5%20%20GTS1%20or%202/

This car has been developed over 12 years having had 3 different unibodies during that time. This final version was purchased in 2004 and was professionally media blasted. There were a few minor rust issues, the right side rear outer rocker panel was replaced with a new bmw piece, both rear wheel wells were rusted at the very tops so they were also replaced with metal. The final part was the driver side floor pan which was also replaced with a new metal piece. All rust was cut out and replaced, seam sealed and the bottom of the car was painted in black POR-15. The roll cage was professionally installed with door bars on the driver side and painted black. The car was primed and painted using spies-hecker products. After the paint was completed, the rest of the car was put together using new window gaskets etc. The body is in amazing shape, a few bumps and bruises from competition but otherwise a very solid rust free strong car. The hood has some damage from an ontrack incident that has been fixed but another hood and deck lid are included with the car. I have modified and installed the early bumpers on the car as well. A nice airdam with brake ducts is held on by dzus fasteners and easily removed and replaced.

The front suspension has shortened bilstein inserts with custom valving over Ireland Engineering coil over kit and springs. Also running Ireland Engineering camber plates and front strut bar. All steering components are very recent including rebuilt steering box, lower ball joints, tie rods and are Meyle brand. All suspension bushings were replaced with poly as well as all engine and transmission mounts. The control arm and track rod bushings are new. The rear suspension is Ireland Eng. Springs with custom valved bilstein shocks. The rear subframe was modified for adjustable camber, caster and toe and has solid mounting blocks to the unibody. There are Billet rear stub axles from Summers Bros. with one spare. The car runs Ireland Eng. Sway bars front and rear. There are new hard brake lines throughout the car and steel braided lines going to rebuilt front calipers and very recent OEM rear wheel cylinders. The master cylinder is also recent and OEM.

The engine has been professionally built by well known BMW builders in the area. It was built to the extent of the IT rules for SCCA. It is a 75 2.0l block with an E12 head. Ported and polished within the rules, new valves, guides, rockers, eccentrics, hardware, seals and ITB cam two seasons ago along with a MLS head gasket and ARP head studs. The bottom end has the piano top pistons with total seal rings, balanced rods and crank and new bearings all around, ARP rod bolts, slightly decked and does run pump gas. Peanut style intake manifold with Ivey prepared 38/38 and 32/36 carbs depending on where you are running, both included with the car. I have the pertronix ignition to get rid of points on a mechanical advance 002 distributor and an MSD 6-AL running the spark with 9mm wires from Ireland Eng. A fairly new Ireland Eng. “Stepped” header with custom collector and full mandrel bent 2.5 in exhaust into a supertrapp. Works very well, not super loud. It will pass at limerock with all the baffles in place. There is a 2002 turbo radiator, all metal in the car and an oil cooler. There is a korman racing oil block mounted to the engine to relocate the oil filter and get rid of the troublesome stock mount that tends to crack. There is a baffled oil pan and a hi output oil pump. I run a throttle bar instead of a cable. It is based off of the stock system with heim joints and springs and it is very direct and works well. The transmission is a 4 speed built by Metric Mechanic and has never had an issue at all. Very reliable and meticulously maintained with redline fluids. The clutch is a four puck Falcon kevlar race clutch with HD pressure plate that is also very reliable, maybe overkill for the motor, but I didn’t want any driveline problems. The flywheel is stock, resurfaced or cut to be lightened and balanced within the rules. Its just a bit lighter than stock. :) The driveshaft has a recent guibo and has been balance checked. The rear in the car is a 3.90 that is welded. With proper maintenance I have had no issues with this set up. I have a 3.90 LSD and a 4.10 ring and pinion that will also go with the car. The half shafts have recent cv’s and the trailing arms have been cleaned, painted, and reinforced. New trailing arms with NEW bushings also included with the car, these are very hard to come by now.

On the inside of the car there is a Firecharger Foam extinguisher system for safety and also an I/O Port camera mount with strap. I rebuilt the pedal box with a new bushing kit and made a custom floor mount for my feet. There are OMP pedal pads that are completely adjustable to the new drivers liking. The car will come with a nice momo steering wheel with spacer and Momo Cup seat with FIA sticker so no rear seat bar is needed. It has a Momo seat bracket and custom floor mount also completely adjustable. Outer and inner window nets and custom switch panel. Has a nice black cluster in the stock dash and gauges for tach, vacuum and oil pressure, oil temp, water temp and fuel level. All gauges are VDO or Autometer. The car will come with 3 sets of wheels. 2 sets of mahle bbs 13x6 wheels, and one set of compomotive ml wheels 13x6. It has hoosier rain tires on one set, and R6 tires on the other 8. Some life left in all dry tires, but rains are still in very good shape. I have many spares that will go with the car, body, engine, trans, susp, glass etc including diff susp setups throughout the years.

The car is very fast and reliable. It is also very adaptable to a wide variety of classes. The car can, and has run at the front and won her class with NASA, EMRA and SCCA in the Northeast. I have never run vintage events with it, but Im sure she will do well there also. The car is well sorted, very neutral, predictable and instills confidence the faster you go. Easy to work on quickly and very clean. Would be very very quick in vintage or GTS-2 with a dual side draft set up… I have a complete history of the car while I have owned it and a log of race weekends, results, set up info, etc. Also log books going back to 1994 from the original unibody. The car will not disappoint in person and no expense was spared in the building and maintaining of this car. The car is available to see and hear on Long Island, New York. The reason Im selling is that I have picked up a new racecar and no longer have room. Plus I built it to race, not sit around under a cover and become obsolete. The new owner will be very happy. I am asking $12,500 but most importantly I want her to go to a good home. I have many more pictures etc so if you want me to send some, or talk about the car etc email me at cozmic512@hotmail.com

Thanks for looking.

regards,

Cory

GTS 1/ ITB 2002

GTS 3 E30 M3

FYI....I met Cory and this a car a few years back at Pocono....both were good people....lol

Cory is an 02/BMW guy and is very hands on. He knows the car inside/out and has prolly done most, if not all the work on it. The car was very very impressive on the track....so was Cory.

Independent of price, if you want to get a track day/ race/de car..this is a must see...and it looks cool

NM/NA

Joel

Guest Anonymous

I enjoyed racing and being raced hard by that 02 with Cory at the wheel!

sure wish I had the funds as it is a special car

Tom H #9 porsche 944

looks like a nicely set up car. glws.

curious....what is an "ITB Cam"? the only cam allowed in SCCA IT is the stock unmodified one from the factory.

You know I did a lot of research and spent a lot of time on this subject. All I can tell you, unless you buy the car :), is that the cam is a BMW factory piece offered as OEM for the 2002 and has passed scrutineering. Just so you know, the 008 mech advance distributor I listed in the ad is also not legal for IT nor is the current placement of the battery. I know the IT rules very well, you can ask the marshalls lol. All of this is easily interchangeable as I stated in the description to adapt the car to a number of different classes. I did this because over the past few years the number of small bore cars has declined so I looked for more places to race including BMWCCA etc. But this is why I think this car will be great for vintage racing.

Thanks and I hope this helps...

regards,

Cory

GTS 1/ ITB 2002

GTS 3 E30 M3

Too bad there are no pics of the motor and under-carriage Just the car going around the track.. Would be nice to see more detailed pics of the important features of the car rather than track shots JMO.

You asked so here you go, I put them in the first post. And if youd like me to email you more, or take some of something specific, just ask.

Thanks

regards,

Cory

GTS 1/ ITB 2002

GTS 3 E30 M3

You know I did a lot of research and spent a lot of time on this subject. All I can tell you, unless you buy the car :), is that the cam is a BMW factory piece offered as OEM for the 2002 and has passed scrutineering. Just so you know, the 008 mech advance distributor I listed in the ad is also not legal for IT nor is the current placement of the battery. I know the IT rules very well, you can ask the marshalls lol. All of this is easily interchangeable as I stated in the description to adapt the car to a number of different classes. I did this because over the past few years the number of small bore cars has declined so I looked for more places to race including BMWCCA etc. But this is why I think this car will be great for vintage racing.

Thanks and I hope this helps...

great info, thanks. i did notice the other items you listed. nice to hear you actually did the homework to check. I served several years on the SCCA IT Advisory Council...hence the question...;-)

2xM3

great info, thanks. i did notice the other items you listed. nice to hear you actually did the homework to check. I served several years on the SCCA IT Advisory Council...hence the question...;-)

no worries. glad to help. and really thats the detail that went into this car. It took a long time to get fast, and reliable! and with the age these cars are getting to, its getting hard to find NEW parts like cams etc. so you have to do some research to be competitive.

thanks again.

regards,

Cory

GTS 1/ ITB 2002

GTS 3 E30 M3

• 1 month later...