Emission-legal Weber 32/36 vacuum hose diagram?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Greetings,

My '74 '02 has most every emission assembly/hose in place, having been brought to the inhospitable climes of southeastern Michigan from California. I'm not interested at present in removing hardware, whereas I wish to learn how and where the distributor vacuum advance is plugged into the system. All my manuals depict stock Solex fitments and thus are of limited help. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga

Guest Anonymous

Back in the 80's I installed the 'smog' 32/36 Weber on my 2002. I seem to recall that it was configured just like the Solex it was replacing. That was part of being 'CARB Approved' as I recall. -

(CARB- Calif Air Resources Board)

I understand there was/were two versions of the carb however. The 'smog' one and the 'fun' one. he he

Sorry, I degress..... I had to do the smog one and it cost ~$20 more back then. I don't recall details on what the actual differences were, so....

Rob @ 2002 Haus in San Luis Obispo would be a good guy to contact...

Good luck-

Kevin

Seattle

1973 2002

(w/o 38DGAS smogless carb now...)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for your response. I have a number of small problems to address in relation to carburation and ignition. Seems someone fitted a distributor from a '76, while the vacuum advance hose was lost/misplaced long before I purchased the car. With a can of ether, etc. I hope to isolate leaks and correct those troubles I can. Best regards...

Mike K.

'74 '02 Malaga