ahh finally got my water neck down to the right size... now

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

On my lynx set up as some of you know I had to grind my new water neck down to match the lynx manifold. Before I get it on though I need to run the coolant bypass pipe from the water pump to the heater core. I'm gona use one inch copper pipe strait into the hoses.

I also will wire up the starter and alt before I put the intake manifold back on. But after that I want to get this together and running ASAP. I wont have any way to wire up the new water temp sender for a bit.

Anyway, my question is this. There are 2 nipple looking things that are directly under the brake booster viewed from under the car... and I cant remember what the hell they hooked up to. The nipples look the size of the fuel lines. One side is still hooked up, and the tube hose it's hooked to just kinda goes strait up into the darkness under the brake booster. The other nipple has no hose around it. I have no idea what it is. If needed I'll get under there with a flash light and my digi cam and post a pic, but I thought I'd ask first...

Also, with my lynx manifold... do I run the vac tube thing that comes out of the top strait up into a "T", with one end of the T going to the valve cover and the other end of the T going to the brake booster, and ofcoures the bottem of the T going striat down to the manifold. Is this correct?

Thanks for the help.

Guest Anonymous

On the Lynx manifold, you do not need a T. Simply put the hose from the brake booster into the manifold via a nipple type fitting. For the valve cover, you put a hose from it directly into the back of the RamFlo filter.... not directly into the manifold as you were implying as you can not add air into the manifold. Any air must be metered via the carb first.

I'm not sure what you are reffering to on the brake booster. Take a pic and I will tell you what it is.

Guest Anonymous

It didnt make much sence to me to run a hose from the valve cover to the manifold, but thats what I remember someone else telling me...

As far as the fittings... when I bought my waterneck of a 320i from someone on these boards, they included some parts I had no idea about. They were brass looking screw in fittings, and they didnt fit the water neck at all. After much thought I just happened to find out they fit perfectly into the manifold and have a nipple outlet on one end. Basically someone on these boards watched my posts and new what I was doing, then when they sold me the water neck they included completely un-related parts but parts they knew I'd need. Very cool stuff, all I can say is everyone I've come accross through this car have been nothing but great people, lota good karma around here :)