miami area drive in 1973 VW Thing..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sunday, I will join the Miami area 2002-ers for a drive in the Homestead area in an orange( close to Inka) 1973 Thing in mint condition. Should be fun- cant wait to see the 2002s( i will only have pics of my cars to show). Hope they wait for me at the rest stops: i certainly wont be able to keep up with a 2002. I had forgotten how "basic" the Thing handles. But hey... I got a roll bar! Will post pics.///

Guest Anonymous

I really loved my air cooled VWs. Had a Karman Ghia, a 23-window Deluxe Microbus and a '71 Super Beetle (Clementine Orange).

Delia Wolfe

'73tii

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

Guest Anonymous

This Thing does not like sitting in 95 degree heat ( i guess nothing really does), and sure enough- there was a wreck on the 17 mile "stretch" that I was on driving on back to the Keys. So, had to shut her down on shoulder, and decided to turn around and backtrack to an air-conditioned environment( walmart) to wait for Florida Highway Patrol to reopen the road. The Thing ran pretty well all day- there were 4 2002s and a couple Cooper S and a Mini Van and an E30 something: that was it- But I realy miss driving my 2002s. Nice to meet the Florida 02ers: I am so lucky to live in the Bay area where 4 2002s will just happen to be at Safeway at the same time grocery shoping. For an 02 enthusiast, it is hard to beat the Bay Area for cars/parts/expert advise-wrench people.///